Thread: M1A build and range report

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Default M1A build and range report

Had another build with me that has been sitting in the safe for years without much progress. Need some help with my M1A

Spent some much need personal time with the rifle and got it built. Its a Springfield M1A receiver with a complete H&R parts kit I have been sitting on for several years. I stripped what was done before and re-assembled it and brought it down to shoot. First thing that happened is it would only fire one round at a time with the need of the charging handle each round.

Went on line found someone else having similar problems and discovered the spindle valve had some blockage. Fix that problem and took it back to the high desert range for some testing.

Parts kit - H&R
    Receiver - Springfield
    Mags - US Mil issue from 44mag.com nice mags and heavy duty well built....
    Ammo - Aussie 7.62 mil issue...I have several thousand rounds of this premium stuff stacked around. Great ammo!!
    Range - High desert Nevada

First set of rounds with open sight was nailing the adhoc target of old propane tanks on the side of a hill at 50 yards. Pushed back the targets to 100 yards open sight....this time with target paper, nice 6in diameter set of holes with the second mag.

Went to check the target with a family member who wiped out his short barreled shotgun and proceeded to blow the shit out of the targets....HAHAHA

Much fun was had

Picture of the beast below. Love M1A's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

oh-yea that is super nice--

now ya got me wanting one too!

Feedback Score

Beast my ass. That, Sir, is a thing of beauty.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

sweet I always wanted to do one of those

first off having lived in Reno, one can not beat a day in the high desert target shooting

US military mags are the way to go I have been reading nothing but bad things about Taiwan and korean M-14 mags.

really came out nice
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

The M14/Garand are best iron military sights of any military weapon. Revamped an ugly $315 new Norinco with custom barrel and US bolt and other mods. Built my other scratch M14 from a heal stamped Sarco M21 billet receiver (NOT ARMSCOR) with CMP TRW parts; $35 bolt, $35 trigger group, $45 op rod when they were CHEAP, NM heavy CM barrel.Both have Freds walnut stocks. Mine was several years in the making & know your joy. A true mans rifle. Love it when a project come together. Nice build there!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks great Boss!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.