Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: SVT 40

  1. #1
    Gunco Member Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    289
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default SVT 40

    There is a company up here in Canada that was recently selling refurb SVT 40's for $200. Seemed like a good deal so I bought one, then I bought some more, it was a good decision.


  2. #2
    Where's my lathe? ashhoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    761
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

    Default

    You, my friend, are the mega lurker. 1 post in 5-6 years?
    Nice rifle you got there, bring one down to me in Michigan.
    member # 575

  3. #3
    Gunco Member Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    289
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashhoe View Post
    You, my friend, are the mega lurker. 1 post in 5-6 years?
    Nice rifle you got there, bring one down to me in Michigan.
    I forgot I was a member of this forum. I was reminded just today when I received a Merry Christmas message.

    Which one would you like me to bring to Michigan ?


  4. #4
    Our customers are #1 APEXgunparts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    507
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    It is unfortunate that the SVT 38 & SVT 40 are no longer importable into the USA.

    The VRA stopped them (and a whole bunch of other guns) back in 1996.

    http://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreemen...exp_005371.asp

    Now the White House prevents ALL US military surplus goods from being imported.

    This should make for some good deals in Canada!

    Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    http://www.apexgunparts.com

    719-481-2050 Order Line

    Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30 pm Mountain time

    Like us on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/ApexGunParts


  5. #5
    Gunco Member Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    289
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APEXgunparts View Post
    It is unfortunate that the SVT 38 & SVT 40 are no longer importable into the USA.

    The VRA stopped them (and a whole bunch of other guns) back in 1996.

    http://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreemen...exp_005371.asp

    Now the White House prevents ALL US military surplus goods from being imported.

    This should make for some good deals in Canada!

    Richard
    That's the only reason for good deals here. If they were allowed in the U.S. they would be much more expensive. It works both ways though, you can have guns that we can't.

  6. #6
    No Hope For Me Coils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA Where the Amish Roam Free
    Posts
    14,030
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

    Default

    refurb SVT 40's for $200.
    You suck

    If they sold for that price here I would buy a case of them too
    Thanks for the pics, and congrats
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

  7. #7
    Gunco Member GS455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    What's the story with that scope mount. Is that a repro? I have a receiver that will accept a mount. I would like to try a repro set up without cutting a notch in the dust cover.

    oh yeah and blast you for your screaming deals up there. I paid a little over a thousand for mine (very clean matching not a rearsenal) with bayo

  8. #8
    Gunco Member Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    289
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GS455 View Post
    What's the story with that scope mount. Is that a repro? I have a receiver that will accept a mount. I would like to try a repro set up without cutting a notch in the dust cover.

    oh yeah and blast you for your screaming deals up there. I paid a little over a thousand for mine (very clean matching not a rearsenal) with bayo
    Yes it's a repro mount. The notch is just behind the receiver cover, but the mount above can be secured without it. Get a Russian made mount, the ones that they sell in Belarus come from China and are not as good.

    I forgot this thread existed.

  9. #9
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,330
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    man that a deal--

    too bad the communist in DC prevent us from getting some of those relics!!

  10. #10
    Gunco Regular Ken3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Central Louisiana
    Posts
    603
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Good score! Nice looking rifles. I'm drooling too..
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •