Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: These things are good

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Mick you suck Sorry had to say it

But congrats for being able to buy those (meaning a whole crate) at such a great price, and they look great too.

Yes our government sucks, those rifles still could fall into the "sporting class" since it only has a 10 round mag and a basic style stock, the only thing that doesn't fit that law is the removable muzzle brake which could be over come but tack welding it in place.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Government still restrict you to ten round magazine capacity Mick except for 22 rifles?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Government still restrict you to ten round magazine capacity Mick except for 22 rifles?
    In some cases but not all. The mag restrictions are just that, there are no restrictions with regard to the rifles. Mag regulations confuse lots of people Just as well mags only need to be pop riveted to comply.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Mick you suck Sorry had to say it

But congrats for being able to buy those (meaning a whole crate) at such a great price, and they look great too.
    I bought the crate as I knew it was a once in a lifetime chance, the price will rise in time. If they could be exported to the US they would be more expensive.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

If they would allow those into the states they would be at least triple that price.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

THE GOVERNMENTS IN BOTH OUR COUNTRIES SUCK. Two of the greatest countries that ever graced the face of this planet and the trash in government is trying to reduce us all to candy-asses and gunsels.
    As for the AR platform; it's my opinion that if you want to actually hit something at a distance farther than you can throw a baseball, nothing beats an ol'skewl A-2 stock. With these M-4 type 4 and 6 position butt stocks, after 50 or so cycles in and out even the best ones loosen up. A-2s don't have that problem.
    What my guys and I have been playing with lately is a Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31. As the trigger is as skinny as a Colt SSA, I put a trigger shoe on it. My 12 year old grandson cand keep it under 2" at 200 yards. The straight-pull bolt works smooth as glass. (Wish my Mosins were that smooth.)
    Mick, Sir, I am jealous. If you can find a way to get them south-of-the-border, I'll take two. BTW, do you know the rules for a Yank purchasing a longgun in Canada? I'm probably going to be in BC mid-April thru mid-June.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    THE GOVERNMENTS IN BOTH OUR COUNTRIES SUCK. Two of the greatest countries that ever graced the face of this planet and the trash in government is trying to reduce us all to candy-asses and gunsels.
    As for the AR platform; it's my opinion that if you want to actually hit something at a distance farther than you can throw a baseball, nothing beats an ol'skewl A-2 stock. With these M-4 type 4 and 6 position butt stocks, after 50 or so cycles in and out even the best ones loosen up. A-2s don't have that problem.
    What my guys and I have been playing with lately is a Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31. As the trigger is as skinny as a Colt SSA, I put a trigger shoe on it. My 12 year old grandson cand keep it under 2" at 200 yards. The straight-pull bolt works smooth as glass. (Wish my Mosins were that smooth.)
    Mick, Sir, I am jealous. If you can find a way to get them south-of-the-border, I'll take two. BTW, do you know the rules for a Yank purchasing a longgun in Canada? I'm probably going to be in BC mid-April thru mid-June.
    Hunter
    To legally buy a firearm in Canada a possession and acquisition license is needed. Once you have that you can buy as many long guns as you like and no record is kept.
    I would happily send guns to the US, but I don't think I could get a permit from the US authorities.

Feedback Score

I have always wanted one of those SVT's . Mick that rifle is sweet!

Down here they be 800 USD or more and are as scarce as hens teeth.

I'm just glad our northern milsurp brothers get to enjoy them.

Hey if I am ever near the Northern border and some kind fellow would throw one across I would catch it! (Just kidding).

You would need a US importation license for that and maybe a Canadian export license and that's red tape galore!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well. I recall when Jeff Cooper said the cz75 was the most ergonomic pistol in the late 70's or so a lot of people did import their own from Canada. It cost a grand iirc which was like 3 times what it cost.but it could be done. I'm sure the rules have changed since then but I remember seeing them.made you the coo l kid on the block. You know who you gotta call about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.