Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sighting in an SKS Advice?

Feedback Score

My SKS is currently my favorite rifle. Its a Chinese type 26 and was rebarreled with what appeared to me as a brand new Russian barrel.

I refinished it, did the trigger myself and put tech-sights on it. Its stupid accurate for what it is. I pulled a couple MOA groups from the bench on a good day. Minute of man all day standing.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

I'm with you Jim .mine has the favorite go to spot in the house. 12 gauge in the bedroom.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    I'm with you Jim .mine has the favorite go to spot in the house. 12 gauge in the bedroom.

I've played around with the idea of modding it to take AK mags but I honestly like the gun for what it is. And I honestly dont want to have to deal with 922r compliance/making myself a felon... it'd be really nice to have the option though.

Sorry to hear about the ways yours is shooting GS. Maybe a cut back and recrown could help it out? I also highly recommend the tech-sights if you feel the scope isn't working out. The sight radius you achieve is outrageous.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score

I enjoy the 20 rounder chinese mags.no 922 regs but the 5 rounder for the house is the most comfortable.I cut down a stripper clip from 10 to 5 rounds to recharge the mag.

Feedback Score

Anyone else read SGN articles on converting your sks to ak mags? Good read but if you got your rifle on the cheap kinda pricey.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I had some of the original "Zytel cobray sks 40 rounders" and they were trash if you filled the mag it wouldn't load, put 30 rounds in and 5 would fire before a jam if I was lucky.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pics of ammo, crown and target. This x39 came from white boxes outta a green tin.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I think the barrel needs to be recrowned, it should have a rolled edge like the outside.
    And try a couple brands of ammo if you can.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

All this talk of SKS's made me break out mine to play with.

These are both 59 Yugo's and I love the ATI Draganov stocks even though there heavy as hell. They fit me perfect. The unmolested one you can see still has the arsenal tag attached and had never been issued or fired and the trigger and internals are still packed with cosmoline. The other was an excellent condition one . One from Samco, and one from Century I don't remember just which is which though. The fired one shoots great and you can see it's nothing fancy. I intentionally found a mount that was advertized as needing final fitting and built over sized. A bit of judicious fitting and it's still solid as a rock after Lord knows how many rounds. Just a cheapy 4X too, but a nice clear no name one.

It does everything I want an SKS to do, and better than lots of others I've had, 1"- 1 1/2" MOA is a snap with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.