Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tell me a cop wouldn't ticket you for this...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default Tell me a cop wouldn't ticket you for this...

http://break.com/index/dude-accuses-...y-parking.html

This is a little ditty filmed in hollywood, showing some (minorly above-the-law) cops getting called out by a drunk camera-wielding pedestrian for breaking the law they claim to enforce. I found it funny, and think you guys might too.
    Last edited by Fritz; 12-19-2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

In Texas, an on duty police officer is exempt from all traffic laws.

It is probably so in other states, as well.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I can say that in New Jersey, EMS, Fire, cops, state troopers - NONE of 'em - are exempt from any traffic law. We were taught this as part of our certification process in EMS.

Though we broke the law all the time and were not held accountable, if you had even a small fender bender or (worse) caused personal injury, you were likely to get the most severe punishment allowed by law. The system looked the other way unless you were involved in an accident.

In NJ, at least, the only vehicle not subject to traffic law was one being officially operated by a US Postal Service worker. And that was due to Federal law, not State.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

not the first posting of cops acting bad, by parking wrong,
    there was one in ny city, the cop was blocking a fireplug and a fire truck pulled up for a fire across the street, and the cop was in a store buy food to take home, not on a call and had nothing to do with the fire (as on the service call).

that video showed lots of abuses by the local new york city police.

not sure as to why some police would break the law,
    but would give you a ticket for the same thing?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    I can say that in New Jersey, EMS, Fire, cops, state troopers - NONE of 'em - are exempt from any traffic law. We were taught this as part of our certification process in EMS.

Though we broke the law all the time and were not held accountable, if you had even a small fender bender or (worse) caused personal injury, you were likely to get the most severe punishment allowed by law. The system looked the other way unless you were involved in an accident.

In NJ, at least, the only vehicle not subject to traffic law was one being officially operated by a US Postal Service worker. And that was due to Federal law, not State.
    and you forgot to mention the govenor!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

We had a guy (who is a TX peace officer) go home on R&R Leave from Iraq, get drunk and decided to go for a spin on his motorcycle. He made it about a block and ended up as a lawn ornament, with broken ribs and shoulder. The officer who responded wrote him up for a DUI when the blood test showed he was 2X the legal limit.

Our guy thinks he should be exempt from the law since he is a "peace officer", which I think is BS. We still haven't confirmed whether he has actually been charged or not. He is saying that he talked to all his buddies and they are going to pressure the cop to drop the charge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Here in Missouri , all officers of the court are bound by the laws established , unless thier breaking of such can be shown to be in the line of duty. We also have another strange caveate, as a contractor under civil defense regulations (High voltage lines and I assume other utilities), we were able to break certain traffic laws to get to a scene of a catastophe or other emergency... or in the case of a one way street go against traffic if that was the only way that we could get into position.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

NC police/deputies must obey all traffic laws except while performing emergency duties

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

NC police/deputies must obey all traffic laws except while performing emergency duties
    That's the way it's supose to be everywhere.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

We have some decent ones but for the most part, this is what we get.Maryland Police Refuse To Pay Speed Camera Tickets

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.