Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 17 Truths Necessary For Being A Successful ARFCOM Poster

Feedback Score

Default The 17 Truths Necessary For Being A Successful ARFCOM Poster

(The 18 Truths Necessary For Being A Successful ARFCOM Poster)

1.) There is only Colt. There was only Colt. There never will be anyone BUT Colt. Every other AR-15 manufacturer is totally inferior, and produces only range toys, not serious fighting weapons.

2.) The AR-15 platform is, was, and always will be perfect. Not “good”. Not “excellent”. Totally PERFECT in every way shape and form, that a firearm ever could hope to be.

3.) The AR-15 rifle never needs cleaning, except for an occasional “wiping down” after every 2,000 rounds or so. This should not take more than 10 minutes, or you are simply wasting too much time. This is the reason piston driven AR-15’s are a total joke, and have zero place in the shooting world.

4.) There has NEVER, repeat, NEVER been a failure of an AR-15, M-16, or M-4 in combat. NEVER, EVER.

5.) If the AR-15, M-16, M-4 ever did fail in combat, it was because the person using it did not know how to CLEAN IT PROPERLY. (see # 3).

6.) Piston operated AR-15’s are junk. All of them, all the time. Direct Impingement is the way Stoner designed the gun, and that is the only way it should remain, EVER, until the asteroid hits. Anyone who is foolish enough to think they can possibly improve on this design doesn’t understand the platform, and knows nothing of what they speak.

7.) The original failure of the M-16 in combat was simply because soldiers were told not to clean it. (See #3 and #5).

8.) The AR-15, M-16, M-4 cannot be used effectively by civilians unless they attend a “Carbine Course”.

9.) Even after a successful completion of said course, the person must be totally able to recite word for word, every syllable spoken by both Pat Rogers, and Larry Vickers. You must also be completely willing to “Stake your life” on your carbine. This in spite of the fact you’ve never had to “stake it” on anything what so ever before.

10.) Failure to do this will totally degrade any and all knowledge obtained from said course.

11.) If any civilian who owns an AR-15, and has not attended a “Carbine Course”, they may receive dispensation by bump firing at least a minimum of 25, 30 round magazines full of ammunition into the nearest hillside, to “push their weapon“.

12.) The AR-15 is meant to be run “dripping” with lubricant.

13.) This lubricant should, of course be Vagisil if attending a “Carbine Course” run by Pat Rogers.

14.) If an AR-15 fails in a dirty, dusty environment, it is because it had too much lube. (see # 12).

15.) A 4 pound hardened railroad spike, with a 7 pound short sledge are the preferred, and the ONLY tools to be used for properly staking a gas key.

16.) These same tools can be used to properly stake the Castle Nut, but only the following day, if it is to be done by the same person. Most all people simply do not possess the strength and energy to stake a gas key, AND a Castle Nut in one day.

17.) If you are a 57+ year old Viet Nam Veteran with combat experience with the M-16, you cannot possibly hope to possess the knowledge a 20 something ARFCOM, mall ninja does. Best you shut up, listen, and learn from the lad.

18.) #18. If it isn't magnetic particle inspected you shouldn't have it on your rifle. Everyone knows MPI parts are better, stronger, more wear resistant and will outlast non-MPI parts by a factor of at least 10X.
    Last edited by billt; 01-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

20 something?????????? When did
    " Old timers" start posting????
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

They never did anything for me.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

#18. If it isn't magnetic particle inspected you shouldn't have it on your rifle. Everyone knows MPI parts are better, stronger, more wear resistant and will outlast non-MPI parts by a factor of at least 10X.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

LOL mainly 17

They never did anything for me.
    What the AR? If yes, I know how you feel, I sold mine
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i really like where some gommer--er mall-ninja is now an expert on everything ar-15 after spending his own money taking a three day mall ninja course. run by some "pro" that is selling a book or a video.

i feel shorted by my GI training. i only spent 180 days in the sand, swamps,mountains and jungles with the weapon. then another 90 days on the old automatic rifle course. then on to various other schools which generally involved the car/m4/m16 along with various other weapons systems. after a few years--then it was on to operational units. where we were in real jungles. real deserts, real mountains and with real bad guys.

then after a couple decades of this i decided enough is enough. i will draw my pay and piddle around on the farm a while.

hell it took me years to ever call the weapon by its PC name of AR-15--where i came from it was M-16 or car--

but WTF do i know-- i am just a farm boy from arkansas--

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    #18. If it isn't magnetic particle inspected you shouldn't have it on your rifle. Everyone knows MPI parts are better, stronger, more wear resistant and will outlast non-MPI parts by a factor of at least 10X.
    Perfect! #18 it is. Let's see how many more we can add. Bill T.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I read a thread on another forum where a guy wanted to know if he should get an ar or ak, a mod chimed in about how an ak was only good if you wanted to shoot across the street, and was woefully under powerd and inacurate, the ar was better for long distances but was only .22 cal. in his opinion he thought his marlin lever action in .30-30 was more accurate and balistically superior to both. In the 40 years or so I have been collecting military weapons I never remembered a country arming itself with lever action rifles in .30-30

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'll fess up and say that I'm a 20-something. I don't claim to know-it-all but I'm learning. I've learned a lot in the few years I've been on here. I've also been fortunate enough to meet some of you guys, gain/share some knowledge and shoot a whole bunch of different firearms. I'll end it by saying there are probably a lot of 57 year old vets I know more than but also a bunch that know more than me...and I am NOT a mall ninja by any definition of the word.

Oh and as far as AR's go, they're a decent firearm but I think there are plenty of better designs out there, I also think the military should start to phase it out and bring in some type of sub-gun.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.