Thread: Mentally Challenged Workers

Feedback Score

Default Mentally Challenged Workers

The Texas Department of Labor claimed a small Amarillo dairy farmer was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him:

Department of Labor employee: I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them.

Farmer: Well, there's my farm hand who has been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.Then there's the mentally challenged worker. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.

Department of Labor employee: That's the guy I want to talk to...the mentally challenged one.

Farmer: That would be me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I used to feel like that about myself when I was married.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I'd did not even know armadillos gave milk????
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thats Amarillo Brad, Amarillo.

Ssheesh.
    Karl

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

" Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Mmm, got armadillo milk? It does a body good!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

To be serious for a moment (and just a moment),

Fellers, be careful with those "Hillbilly Speed Bumps" (armadillo's)! I was just reading where armadillos are known carriers of Hansen's disease (leprosy): which is treatable but highly undesirable nevertheless . Touching them or eating them can in 'RARE cases" result in catching leprosy. Apparently it has something to do with armadillos having an unusally low body temperature.

I know some folks hunt em and eat em, but its something to be mindful of.

For more info, see
    Do Armadillos Carry Leprosy? | Wildlife Habitat Management News
    Last edited by SouthTexasGuy; 05-10-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Didja know Indiana has Armadillos now?

Some friends of mine regularly travel to Alabama for hunting and drinking, usually at the same time. One has a relative that is an Indiana DNR biologist. Every time they drive past an interesting road kill of the sort that is rarely found above the Mason/Dixon line, they scoop it up and toss it in a garbage bag in the back of the truck. When they get back here, they toss it off somewhere beside the road in his district. The DNR guy always get's real excited after their hunting trips, you'd think after all these years he'd have figured out how these "unusual migration anomolies" were happening!

Feedback Score

kernel,

let me know if they want any dead gaters, water mocassins or deceased Coral snakes to lay out beside the roadside in Indiana.

How much you wanna bet the DNR guys there become eligble for some 'gummit" grant money to study these unusual migration patterns?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I believe at least one small gator has already hitchiked up here. The weird thing is, real animals we have here they can't find. Probably 12 years ago I saw a Bobcat run across the road in front of me, saw it in the same area probably every 3-4 months thereafter. The local DNR guys swear there are no Bobcat here, until about 2 years ago when they got real excited because they had spotted a couple Bobcat up on the recervoir.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.