Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decommissioned missile silos.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

The control rooms (and personnel quarters) I explored were placed at a slightly higher elevation than the bottom of the missile silos themselves, but the damp nature of a non-conditioned environment (conditioning stopped when they abandoned the silos) was evident everywhere.

Silos used to be easy to spot here. Electrical lines going to the middle of a bare prairie land and stopping were the obvious sign of a silo complex. They worked on a combination of commercial power, generator and battery bank. The battery banks were huge but were the power of last resort. Similarly the diesel generators were large with multi-thousand gallon tanks to feed them.

With decommissioning, much of the silos has been salvaged so that there is little left other than the underground rooms and silos, themselves.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

there was someone over at 1919a4.com that had one that he was converting.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

If I hit the lottery I would definitely buy one and recondition it into a personal home and massive car storage space. Put in a nice elevator for cars, indoor shooting range, maybe a bowling alley. LOL. It would definitely be expensive to convert and then maintain, but I think it would be a fun and interesting way to live. Plus it will make it harder for anything to get you when the Zombie Apocalypse happens. LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.