Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Glock, Hi Point and 1911 owners think of each other.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

A gun shop owner here in town told me he won't put Hi-Points or other cheap guns on the shelf because the word gets out and they draw the wrong crowd. Not trying to make any implications - just sayin...

Feedback Score

I'm a 1911 guy all the way.

Don't own a glock or an AR 15 and never will. Fine guns by all accounts but just not my cup of tea!

They say you can't teach an old Dog new tricks and I guess that is true.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

being the hi-point is a blow back-- and a hi-point goes for $158 + shipping taxes and transfer fees-- i just can't see shooting ammo that costs $30 a box through a firearm that only costs more than a couple boxes of ammo-- i had rather shoot the 1911 which i can hit with --

feeding high dollar ammo to a hi=point is like filling up a AMC pacer with so cal 100 octane race gas--- what a waste!

Feedback Score

Don't want to be a snob but my life is worth more than $125. JBM RULES.
    As for SouthTexasDude, the only reason I ever bought an AR was because the asshat trash in D.C said I shouldn't. (Hope they never tell me I shouldn't be gay) My long gun preference is 'major caliber', FAL, Garand, etc. But those funny looking black guns are fun to shoot. And .223 is one-third the price of 30.06.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

A gun shop owner here in town told me he won't put Hi-Points or other cheap guns on the shelf because the word gets out and they draw the wrong crowd. Not trying to make any implications - just sayin...
    That's funny you said this, my FFL got a good deal on some if he bought a certain number of them, he sold them all to new gun owners or people getting their first pistol, he sold all of them fairly quick, then he sold them again and again since these people kept trading them in for something else
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Seems about right to me, thanks!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell i know a guy whos house was robbed -- they stole his pistol safe that had several pistols in it but left a hi-point behind--LOL!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

The local trader paper around here has a buttload of used Hi-Points in it all the time. I guess if you are really broke and can't afford something nice, and you absolutely have to have something for home defense I could understand. They are like a brick that was chiseled into the rough shape of a gun by someone who saw a gun once a few years earlier, and couldn't quite remember everything about it.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

LOL! -- yea i think that gun dillinger made from that bar of soap looked better---

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    The local trader paper around here has a buttload of used Hi-Points in it all the time. I guess if you are really broke and can't afford something nice, and you absolutely have to have something for home defense I could understand. They are like a brick that was chiseled into the rough shape of a gun by someone who saw a gun once a few years earlier, and couldn't quite remember everything about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.