Gunco Forums banner

Happier than a puppy with 2 peckers

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
I once posted that I was happier than a puppy with 2 peckers about a new gun. Some folks were confused about that saying. Its a southern thang! Heres some more. [video=youtube;chrEsZffie8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chrEsZffie8[/video]

#2 ·
:lolup: MAN,,,,,My first wife was from NC,,,and boy do some of those sayings still ring in my ears!!!

She used about half of those too,,usually when she was bitching at me for something,,,couldn't help but chuckle,,to bad she was pissed when she said most of them ,,

so I usually ended up making her even more pissed,,,, by snickering!!! :sick::loopeye:

#3 ·
Oh, no! You didn't snicker at a southern woman while she was ranting! I'm surprised you're still around to talk about it. I just kinda zone out till she runs outta steam. She's a real good shot so I really don't want to piss her off too much!

#8 ·
I think of myself as living on the Mason-Dixon line. I lived in Campbell and Kenton county of Northern Kentucky for the first 31 years of my life. I moved across the river to the west side of downtown Cincinnati in December of 1984. The first thing I noticed was the different way people think. Southern people seem more trusting and ready to offer a helping hand. Northern folks seem more on the defensive and use more caution when dealing with strangers. I'm divorced now but I married a women from SW Ohio. I can see parts of my old neighborhood in Kentucky from the hill I now live on in Ohio. I miss my ole Kentucky home and hope to be living there again when I take that last boat ride.

#9 ·
RB,

im hoping you dont have to wait till you die to get back over there.... your right... especially where you live... cross that river to there & people are instantly defensive. come down here to Southern Ohio... things are more laid back.. you can still walk out to my hillside and look at KY & WV too..

Plant Sky Plant community People in nature Natural landscape

it was a few years ago & a few pounds ago... but you get it.. Oh, KY, WV all in 1 shot..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.