Gunco Forums banner

Slow Loading Times

6K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  fdellabidia 
#1 ·
Since the upgrade, we have noticed many mentioning slower loading times. We've been working on things to determine what's causing it and we're slowly getting to it, via process of elimination. Another small change was made late this afternoon which we hope speeds things up, especially for you dial-up users.

If you continue to have issues with the forum/site loading, please reply with your issues here as well as any questions you may have. If you've noticed improvements as of this afternoon, we would appreciate you making note of that as well as that'll help us pinpoint the cause of this. Thanks again for all your support...

#3 ·
I've noticed something else too I've been wanting to mention:

After posting thumbnails and seeing the post, if you click on the thumbnail to see the full size image, the photo has some distortions in it.

Just for kicks and grins I wanted to test the download speed of photos so I went back to one of my own photos of an AK that I posted to an old thread. Since I have the photo on CD, I know it's perfect.

I clicked on it just to see how fast it would load with the changes you guys have been making.

It didn't seem any faster, but I did notice some distortions: the cleaning rod looked "wavy" and the buttstock looked "hairy."

Since it's my rifle and a photo I posted I know it's not my photo. After that, I began looking at other thumbnails and their full size photos, and some of them look distorted, too. This only started happening after the site took on its new layout.

Just thought I'd mention it.

#4 ·
Ups and downs. Mostly good all day. Highspeed here. Between about 1930 and 2030 hours it was really bad. Now it seems back to normal speeds. FWIW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.