Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The 6.5mm Grendel Concept Rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I've never used the TDI rails, but I'm sure they work fine........the Israeli's don't usually make crap, but then again neither do the Swiss (Brugger & Thomet).

Anything can be made with enough money and talent. There are several smiths who I have no doubt could do the work, Mark Krebs comes to mind first off, but paying for it is another.......

As the saying goes......."Speed's just a question of money........how fast do you wanna go?"
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score

Very true about the money. If Mark Krebs was to do it then I think his rail would be the one to go with. It helps that his is really nice too.

I'm disappointed no one else hopped on this concept thing. Lots of creative people here. Any other designs anyone can think of?
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

The POF Predator system would be a cool start. It is Gas operated, and could be converted to 6.8 or 6.5?
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by magnus392
    The POF Predator system would be a cool start. It is Gas operated, and could be converted to 6.8 or 6.5?
    We're just talking a 6.5mm Grendel AK here.....AK from scratch. Now I know
    of a guy that free floated his VEPR .308 barrel and used a DSA FAL handguard. That would be a good part of this one I hadn't considered.
    "The way of the warrior is death, this means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this, it means to see things through, being resolved."---Yamamoto Tsunemoto's Hagakure

Feedback Score

Exclamation Always the Galil.

Funny how all paths lead to the Galil. Same thing happened to my thinking about a 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel project. Galil milled receiver will add more cost to the project, but you get what you pay for. However, the weight will have to be a conscious decision. Do you want the weight?

I've seen 7.62x39 cases in a 5.56 mag. Not enough room for the optimum inside geometry. But it still could work. Just not optimum. You won't get nearly as many rounds in it. Maybe the 5.45 mag is a better mag to start with. Then mod it a bit. Need to play around with it more.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Taipan
    We're just talking a 6.5mm Grendel AK here.....AK from scratch. Now I know
    of a guy that free floated his VEPR .308 barrel and used a DSA FAL handguard. That would be a good part of this one I hadn't considered.
    I am saying it can be adapted
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Not sure I understand . Is this somthing you're building or is it a photoshop exercise?
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

Well, first just finding out if its feasable in the AK platform, coming up with the ideal configuration, a photoshop exercise to mock it up, and down the road possibly have it built.

Feedback Score

I had a thought (which is dangerous for me), why not just start with a ORF Galil reciever on this thing and build it that way instead of a half assed Galil. Then it set in that all the rest of the parts will cost, cost big.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Taipan
    I had a thought (which is dangerous for me), why not just start with a ORF Galil reciever on this thing and build it that way instead of a half assed Galil. Then it set in that all the rest of the parts will cost, cost big.
    Conceptually, the 6.5 Grendel has no dibs on the Galil. Building a Galil costs big bucks. Let's see if a Bulgy AK-74 or a Polish Tantal might be a good start point. But I'm not big on AK versions of M-4's, just my opinion.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.