Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Yugo .308 conversion

Feedback Score

Default 308 yugo

I was attempting this a while back. My 308 saiga reciever has the mag well pushed foward about 1/2 and a different bolt, thickened to take up the space of moving the barrel foward to accomadate the mag. The russians didn't modify the standard rec just moved the mag well foward. you can get replacment saiga parts such as 308 bolt. you'd need a 308 trunion or redo the yugo by moving the trunions mag catch area foward by 1/2. it might be easied for someone to come up with a 308 trunion and copy it. the saiga trunion has one buldge milled off the other russian gun doesn't (can't remember the name) all you need is a 308 trunion and bolt. bingo your in business. Bubba

Feedback Score

A couple of days ago I started working on the trunnion so I could get the G3 mag inserted. I thined the walls and will end up puttin the front bottom rivit hole up some.

I think there is plenty of room working with the yugo trunnion. It has been a few weeks and I have not recieved my barrels. Work is at a stop until the barrels get figured

Feedback Score

I think the dif in the bolt is because the Saiga is an AK103 series bolt, not an AK47. My Cold Steel rec. would have easily accomadated a HK mag. I will try to borrow a 7.62 Saiga and a .308 and compare. Best Regards Scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CELTIC-PAGAN
    Has anyone done a saiga .308 conversion to take G3 mags?
    Me, me!
    http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...e=post&id=5210
    http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?...60&gopid=65732&
    Without modifying the trunion. See S-12.com 308 forum for more, complete with the same questions a thousand times and even a troll or two.

Gunco Girleen pistol-packin-wifey's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher
    I know is considering doing the same thing. His PC crashed so he won't be back on for a few days. I'm sure he'll share ideas with you.
    oh not again! guess i know where we'll be this weekend hope to see you, preacher
    "The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow citizens in misfortune.... Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the Government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character...." -- President Grover Cleveland

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think it would a whole lot less work and yield a better finished product to attempt this with a 22" barreled Saiga .308. At that point your 80% done. Fit a new gas block, lower retainer, and front sight and slap on your Yugo furniture and you have your gun. Plus you already have the scope mount on the Saiga.

As far as magazines, real .308 M77 mags arent easy to come by and I know Krebs converted some Saiga .308s to take M14 mags.
    Visit http://www.WeaponsWorld.comfor the current ammunition sale prices!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The 308 Galil bolt and carrier is identical to the usual AK family except for the bolt face opening...just some food for thought!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGP
    The 308 Galil bolt and carrier is identical to the usual AK family except for the bolt face opening...just some food for thought!
    We covered the bolt deal in another thread too. There are so many people talking about this and actaully starting to work on these that I am goig to create a seperate builders category and transfer all the .308 threads into it. It looks like some of us are not even reading or seeing what others are posting and taking pics of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.