Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 ak

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    Did the m77 or M 76 ever come with a milled Reciver? I spent a good part of last night looking at the differances between my milled and stamped Yugo kits and the stamped has a lot more meat in the truninon around the lug areas than the milled. the milled reciver is aprox .058 thinner on the sides measuring from the lug to the outside of the trunion however the milled lug is longer with more material behind it than the stamped. Im still trying to decide on what kit to do the 308 in. the milled would be easyer to get a G3 mag into since it does not have a riviet in the way. if the M77 was made in a milled reciever I would not worry about it.
    The M76 is a milled receiver in 8mm Mauser the M77 is a stamped receiver in 308 Winchester.The M76 has a longer receiver and bigger carrier.The M77 has a standard length receiver and carrier.

Feedback Score

How does the mag latch work on a G-3? Does it catch the small dimpled circle on the upper left side of the mag?
    U.S. Army (Ret)
    NRA for Life

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I am still working on this project. just wanted to move the post up as there was a lot of go info here that some new guys may have missed unfortunatly some of the info was deleted by people who left this site. my plan is turn the case heads down on the 308 brass and use the stock AK bolt diamiter and hand load this will prevent hot 60,000 psi 308 rounds from acidently being chamberd and possably blowing something up. also this would make using a romy kit possable I can control the pressures my self.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    I am still working on this project. just wanted to move the post up as there was a lot of go info here that some new guys may have missed unfortunatly some of the info was deleted by people who left this site. my plan is turn the case heads down on the 308 brass and use the stock AK bolt diamiter and hand load this will prevent hot 60,000 psi 308 rounds from acidently being chamberd and possably blowing something up. also this would make using a romy kit possable I can control the pressures my self.
    Brass mods seem like a ton of work.

Recommend to open up the bolt face - you can do it with a dremel, it really isn't that much to open up.

My (lathed) bolt pics are here:
    http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK...8/bolt_308.htm
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think the idea was to prevent accidental chambering of a full pressure 308 round. However, I agree that having to make such a mod for each piece of brass seems to defeat the purpose of chambering for a particular round, apart from the fact that dies can be had and loads developed more cheaply than for other wildcats.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

It's more work but not much more than neck turning that I do on some of my real accurate stuff. the main reason is to prevent some one like my son or buddies from some day loading it with one of my target rifel rounds and possably getting hurt. if I were to die tommorrow I would be fearful of that. I honestly would not shoot it very much built as a hunting only pistol for one particular zone in my state that is shot gun /pistol only. 50 rounds a year would be a lot. I could do all my ammo in around a hour or so. the dies and all that would still be the same as I am only moding the head. HC POOKIE have had a 308 conversion up and running? seems like a lot of people started on them but never reported on finishing one I remember was doing one as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I moved this summer and most of my stuff is still in storage totes. I am in the process of running wire to my newly-built workbench and once I paint it, I'll be ready to start unpacking the "junk".

In fact, I have been spending most of my time on guns-and-ammunition.com so I've put the last update (just before I moved) there... in short, I managed to mod a G3 mag so that it engages like an AK (more like a Galil I think) and it works really nice. Lots of milling was done to the trunion.

I have now to mod the remaining 9 mags I bought Then sleeve the G3 barrel. Then press the G3 barrel. Then install the barrel components. Etc.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

anybody finish a .308 AK, I just bought a bunch of g3 mags and need to find a use for them since I don't have a cetme or HK91

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

so your using yugo m70 bolt/trunnions for these?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

that is my plan. the lugs on the Yugo seem to be a little heaver than the Rommys. they appear to be the same as the 308 m77 as near as I can find out. you will need to enlarge the bolt face sligtly to use 308 round. My project keeps getting delayed because I am going to repair a milled reciver and have a bunch of wild plans for it as well. I was also considring doing a Quick build on a rommy turn the shell head down to AK size and reload low to medium loads just to get one done for this dear season as a hunting pistol with no fancy stuff on it would also let me get the feed ramp ,mag mods and other stuff figured out before I try to do a millled reciver repair section. My goal is a 300 yard + kill in a pistol /shotgun only zone with a AK pistol

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 308 bullpulp

ak 47 bullpup
wood bullpup stock

yugo 308 ak

yugo m77 308 ak 47
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.