Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 ak

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    Thanks for the Info If a Yugo trunion and bolt would work. cheap take of barrels from any 308 or possabley other calibers would be a way to get around the new barrel ban. if you used a american made barrel from a remington or winchester, I woud count as one more non imported part. Plus it would make it possable to use bull barrels fluted stainless ect to build some pretty cool and acurrate guns
    That is exactly what my Dad intends to do. He has a take off .308 barrel from a bolt gun. The FAL gas block combo will fit on the barrel with just a little fitting. We figured we can eliminate the RSB being on the barrel and cut it and weld it to the trunion.

This is the same principle we came up with for using the Suomi 9mm barrel.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Cool! I had no idea you were working on that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there are several new remington 700 barrels on ebay right now I just picked up one new unfired take off for less than $30. I would love to see pics of your mag/reciver mods when done. I plan on building a hunting pistol if it can be done with a Yugo trunion and a five or ten shot mag would be fine. some very cool rifles could be buil. Im thinking stainless fluted bull barrel would be cool. were is a good place get a fal gas block. I had figured on building my own for a heavy barrel.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I can see if I can get the measurements of an M14 mag from a friend.

If you want a really heavy wall barrel, check out one for a 1919. The price range is like $30-50.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils
    I can see if I can get the measurements of an M14 mag from a friend.

If you want a really heavy wall barrel, check out one for a 1919. The price range is like $30-50.

That could be very interesting as well. I'm more in it for accuracy and I think a used 1919 barrel might be more of a bullet hose.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Don't forget used G3 & CETME barrels. They are relatively expensive but well suited for the task.

You may be able to fish around and find some barrels from G3 beater kits that were parted out - this is where I got mine. Looks ugly on the outside (pits on one side) but the bore is good. Haven't slugged it yet, probably won't... going to be more of a working beater gun than a tack driver. I will probably scope it, however. My plans are to loosely mimic the Galil .308 sniper rifle - called "GALATZ" by some sources:

http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn32-e.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Input, please! Since we are doing .308's today...

I need to use an effectice FH on this saiga .308. I am planning on shortening & permanently attaching it by blind pinning w/ weld over the pin. I am more concerned with lessening the felt concussion, rather than the flash. (Big flash is GOOD!)

What thread pitch is typical for .308? I can go 1/2-28 but the FH may not be up to the caliber.....

Here it is:

KGB member # 004

WECSOG 1984-2005

Imagine Whirled Peas

Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

wildmann43.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SangRun Hunter
    I'm thinking the FAL mag may be the best because it tapers in the front. However the G3 mags are about $3 a peice used condition. They are square in teh front though and it doesn't seem they will fit in an AK trunion very well.

I have FAL mags, G3, Galil .308. I would like to get my hands on an M14 mag to see how it compares to the rest. I bought the Galil mag at Knob Creek just too look at and the body is very much a copy of a G3. The top is like a stretched AK mag.

I can loan you a M14 mag as long as I get it back one day. PM me if you want to borrow one.
    Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wildmann43
    I need to use an effectice FH on this saiga .308.
    Is that the factory thread job? What is the current thread size?
    What thread pitch is typical for .308? I can go 1/2-28 but the FH may not be up to the caliber.....
    There isn't one per caliber - more like one per design. I know HK uses 1-15 RH pitch. ARs typically use 12-28 1/2 pitch IIRC. So it goes back to what you want to match to the existing threads, or if you want to use an existing one like a FAL or an AK or something completely different, then match that up. What are those threads again?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Saiga barrel

There is no thread there, the factory left a taper at the muzzle. The baked enamel or powder coat is still present. I may use 1/2-28 & fit one of the Saylor's Phoenix flash hiders on it. Here is one on an M11/9 barrel.

Like my old .223, here:
    KGB member # 004

WECSOG 1984-2005

Imagine Whirled Peas

Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

wildmann43.com

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 bullpup

yugo 308 ak

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.