Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 ak

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

The M14 mag is going to be the mag to use for the .308 AK. I have successfully figured out how to adapt the M14 mag to the Saiga .308 as well. I have just a little more work to do on it and it will be done. The M14 for our custom Yugo .308 rifles is an even better fit. It fits so well to the Yugo trunion it's scary and the only think needed is to put a nub on the front to lock it into the trunion. I am going to use a trunion rivet for the nub.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think I will order a m14 mag. the G3 is to wide at the front for me I dont want have to do a bunch of grinding to the front trunion. to bad at $2.00 a piece it would have been nice. still deciding if i should try to build it on the milled kit or stamped. the stamped kit I have has a decant barrel in it. the milled has a bad barrel but it will be a long time getting it done. better just order more kits. do you think the ejecter will have to move back for a 308 to clear the chamber? how far is is the ejector tip from the barrel on the saiga 308?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I would love to see some picks of the g3 mag mods. are you modifing the mag its self at all? iwent and looked at my trunion some more and it does not seem as big of a deal to modify it as I first thought. Im planing on building several versions of this gun 308 243 rifle and maybe a 8mm pistol. would like to stay with the dirt cheap mags Tapco has them 50 mags for $50. makes it worth the trouble if a easy way to make it work is found. I need to find a shop with a HK to look at close.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

is this the type you are looking for? http://www.robertrtg.com/g3schematic.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Dumb question - who has M14 mags for a good price? centerfire has them for $20 each...
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    Dumb question - who has M14 mags for a good price? centerfire has them for $20 each...

Copes has them too. I have order some from each. Both are new production.

I really need to post some pics for you guys to see how well the M14 mag lines up in a Yugo trunion.

For sake of argument.

I have these mags.

FAL. Too wide in the front and would require cutting the mag.

G3. ay too wide in the front and would require extensive mods to make it work.

Galil .308. Too wide in the front and only holds 12 rounds. Not cheap for 12 rounds.

M14 Is narrow enough to fit the Yugo trunion without modding either. The mags are very available and will be for some time to come.

The M14 mag also fits for my Saiga .308, but will have to be moded. It's a ashame I have to mod the mags, but there is no way around it and when someone comes out with commercial mags for Saiga .308's they will still work because my rifle will be intact.

I'll try to get pics tonight.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this seems cheap enough if they have it and it works mag catch parts http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...rModel=1570zG3 scored some 308 head space guages cheap ($5.00each) and a reload die set for $10.00 so I'm getting real close to start work on it.

Feedback Score

you might check Inter Ordnace as they had those G3 mags a while back for a dollar if you bought a hundred...........What we did was get a few guys together and split them up.............Thats pretty cheap.......
    762X39 Side Folder

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

CFS has mags for 50 for $50 I got one steel for $3.99 just to look at it was very nice condition jungle tape on it though. Sang run hunter I have not rulled out any thing on the mags yet. Galil mags might work also do you have any knowledge about them? exactly what parts do you need? the mag catch, mag catch lever, spring, bushing or all of it?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    CFS has mags for 50 for $50 I got one steel for $3.99 just to look at it was very nice condition jungle tape on it though. Sang run hunter I have not rulled out any thing on the mags yet. Galil mags might work also do you have any knowledge about them? exactly what parts do you need? the mag catch, mag catch lever, spring, bushing or all of it?

See my post above where I mention all the .308 mag types I have tried.

In about 30 mins there are going to be pics here on what I found to show the comparo.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ak 47 308 bullpulp

ak 47 bullpup
wood bullpup stock

yugo 308 ak

yugo m77 308 ak 47
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.