Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 9x39 reamer - on order! :)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Great info I was invisioning the 9x39 version in my head in my head. HC you stated that the soft point in 9mm would not feed well. Is this due to it being soft point and catching on the feed ramp,or due to the larger bullet Dia causing a a different problem in SP? I shoot SP in 7.62 x39 all the time with no problems. do you see any problem with the mag being stepped in at the bullet area? It appears to me that this area on a factory mag would have to be wider to allow for the larger bullet DIA. Just me thinking

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    Great info I was invisioning the 9x39 version in my head in my head. HC you stated that the soft point in 9mm would not feed well. Is this due to it being soft point and catching on the feed ramp,or due to the larger bullet Dia causing a a different problem in SP? I shoot SP in 7.62 x39 all the time with no problems. do you see any problem with the mag being stepped in at the bullet area? It appears to me that this area on a factory mag would have to be wider to allow for the larger bullet DIA. Just me thinking
    I've had feed problems with SP. The problem is always around the bullet ramp. THEREFORE, I'm worried that a .35 soft point will hang more easily.

I think factory mags will work fine. Like the Grendel project, the trick will be finding mags with the proper contour. I'm planning to use a '74 or Weiger mag due to the bullet shape.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

now just that pesky 6-8 week wait for the reamer and you'll be set

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

almost all my shooting with my AMD 65 pistol has been with SP ammo. I will see if there is any differance in the feed ramps it and my other guns. I have not had one jam in it yet.(hope its not just luck) I use PMC sp for hunting and have ran about 400 rounds of it also wolf 154 grain sp 300 rounds as well. I hope its not a problem with my other guns as I just bought 1000 round of wolf sp in 123 grain. at any rate your project is still going to fun. I would want/need SP to hunt with it though. if it can be done in 45 auto it should be doable in 9mm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.