Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: romainian 7,62 to 5.56

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have seen new wasr-3 for under $300. not the best but has all the needed parts. I have been thinking of building up a 223 with a heavy 22" barrel for a praire dog hunt. May go with a saiga and Modify it

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

< me,cheap bastard- Well I bit the bullit and got the bbl and bolt. The bolt works with the carrier and trunnion on the romy and the outside dimensions on the bbl are the same.Down to $348. I am the cheapest bastard there is!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I thought the bolt would NOT work with the Rommy trunion as is?? can some one clarify what it takes to use the 223 /5.56 bolt from K-var in a rommy trunion?
    If there are no trunion mods nessacary then I want to build a 22" heavy barrel'd 223 on a rommy kit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I thought the bolt would NOT work with the Rommy trunion as is?? can some one clarify what it takes to use the 223 /5.56 bolt from K-var in a rommy trunion?
    If there are no trunion mods nessacary then I want to build a 22" heavy barrel'd 223 on a rommy kit or Yugo kit

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I forgot 1 thing, I need a 223 bullit guide.But other than that the diminsions are the same. Seems the bulgarians used akm dimensions on thier 223 stuff for the most part.The bolts were identical exept for on the left locking lug on the bulgy.It was flat on the bottom front. The romy has a little ramp cut away that hits the protrusion in the trunion on the bullit guide left side that causes the bolt to rotate.I simply filed a very small amount at this point to cause it to ride up when the 2 parts met.If there was any case hardning at this point I couldnt tell. File cut into it w/ no prob. compared to other case-hardened stuff I have filed.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Thanks for the info. I have a line on a 223 bull barrel from a rem 700 that I would like to mate to wsar3, saiga, or my own build now that it looks like the bulgy bolt will work with light mods. do you have any pic's?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No pics yet I'm still gathering parts(bullit guide)and info and measureing the heck out of everything,over and over to make sure I dont miss anything.I looked at the bolts on all my ak's and they all have the bevel on the lower leading edge of the left bolt lug.also my ak74 has same. Could it be they forgot to machine the bevel? Or maybe its that way so you can fit it? I just dont see how it can work w/out it.I looked at a pic of bulgy 223 trunnion and the protrusion on the left inside wall that the bevel hits looked the same as in the romy 7,62. Oh well, its got a bevel now! I'll keep you posted.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

OK,its done.No big problems 'thou the mags were a bitch to fit.The bbl had a feed ramp cut into it that I had to lower a bit to get it to feed reliably.Also the gas port hole was too far back so I welded it over and drilled another for the romy gas block.I could have bougt a bulgy gas block but I am a cheap bastard.Modded the carrier to go thru the narrower mag.The bolt ramp on the bullit guide had to be filed to move it forward so it would go into battery.I should be able to test fire tomorrow and I'll post pics and results soon.Oh, and I do concede that the saiga conversion would have been easier and better,But I like the challenge.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

TEST FIREING COMPLETED.NO JAMS,FAILURE TO FEED,IT WAS FLAWLESS. IT DID TEND TO PUT A SMALL DENT IN THE CASES AS THEY WERE EJECTED,BUT A GAS REG. SYSTEM I'M WORKING ON SHOULD REMEDY THIS.WILL POST PICS SOON.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Sweet....

If you don't mind, please put together a parts list of the various parts you used and the mods you did to the existing stuff....

I am probably going to follow in your shoes on this one... I want to try it out on an Bulgy AK-74 kit.... or worst comes to worst, buy a Romy to try it out on (Sounds like they actually work well for the parts.)

Best regards

John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.