Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: romainian 7,62 to 5.56

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

sounds like success, . How much total did it cost you? I'm curious to see the pics too.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Total cost= $350. Romy parts kit,bent blank w/ rails(this is were you can save a few $ if you bend your own flats),bulgarian 23mm .223 bbl(k-var),bulgarian .223 bolt(k-var),bulgarian .223 bullit guide(k-var),.223 mags(tick bite supply).Everything was pretty strait forward as far as modding goes,had to move the ramp on the bullit guide forward,fit the mag.,it was a bit longer front to rear than 7,62 mags but only a smidge.Stripped the old bbl of parts and put them on new bbl.The rear site base was smaller dia.than the journal on new bbl but my trusty exspandable reamer took care of that.The gas port hole was a little farther back,welded it up and drilled new gas port.You cuold buy the proper gas block from k-var so you dont have to weld,drill.Carrier is too wide to fit thru mag so you have to narrow it along the bottom were it goes thru the mag.Thats about it.I will try some pics later to try to better illustrate some of the mods,just that I have yet to figure out how to take good close-ups.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

MTDEW or any one else, will the lower rails from a Tapco blank(ejecter) work for a 223? I just bought a 24" 223 bull barrel, a k-var bulgy bolt and bullet guide and 10 round double stack mag. plan on using a tapco bent blank and a L1A1 gas regulator. plan to weld the sight block to the trunion with the sight milled off and a solid steel milled weaver rail welded in it's place. This one is getting a 24X50mm fixed scope. plan on shooting it first without the gas block and system in place with just a floating barrel to compare accuracy to when I drill gas port and run it in semi mode. will not have parts for at least a week and gun must be done by the last day of the month for a prairie dog hunt. Only unknown for me at this time is if the ejector is long enough on a tapco rail to hit the 223 round.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MAN!!! THAT SHOULD BE SWEET! I BELEIVE IT SHOULD WORK,THEY ARE TOO LONG TO START WITH SO YOU CAN FILE THEM TO FIT.I HAVE USED 1 TAPCO LOWER RAILS SET AND THEY MEASURED THE SAME AS OTHERS I HAVE USED. ARE YOU GOING TO BUILD IT TIGHT? I BUILT A HUNGARIAN W/ MINIMUM TOLERANCES WEREVER I COULD AND I BELIEVE IT HELPED ACCURACY,ALTHO WHEN I SHOOT IT ALOT IT STARTS TO GET STIFF TO WORK THE BOLT BUT IT HAS NEVER FAILED TO FUNCTION.BTW, I SHOT THE HELL OUT OF MY .223 THIS WEEKEND AND SHE CAME OUT FINE. I THINK I WILL PUT A SCOPE ON IT FOR MORE ACCURACY.OLD EYES AND ALL THAT,YOU KNOW. MY COMPUTER IS ACTING UP A BIT SO I DONT KNOW WHEN I CAN POST PICS.MAYBE SOON. ANYWAY, KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR VARMIT AK.I'D REALLY LIKE TO PUT IT TO THOSE AR GUYS W/ THEIR COMP. RACE GUN AR BASED GUNS AT MY LOCAL RANGE!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I am still toying with trying to mill up some side plates to splice a milled yugo kit together. I think it would yeld the best accuracy as it would be a lot stiffer than a tapco bent blank reciver. Time is my my big problem on this build it must be done by the end of the month. I may build it up on the tapco first just because I can do it blind folded and redo it on a rewelded milled reciver when I get back. I still have to turn the barrel down and cut a recess for the extractor with out destroying a $250 dollar barrel. any one know how to spell praire dog and varmit in russian??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

mtdew,

How did headspacing go? Did you just push the barrel back until it headspaced and then drill the hole throught the original trunion hole and through the new barrel? Also are the kvar barrels chrome lined?

Feedback Score

Postak

any pics available yet?
    I hunt, therefore I am..
    -Metallica

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

what pics would you like. the bolt mods or a completed gun ?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    what pics would you like. the bolt mods or a completed gun ?
    you know all of them!

"To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

the more the merrier
    I hunt, therefore I am..
    -Metallica

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.