Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: romainian 7,62 to 5.56

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here is a bad pick (need to get computer fixed to down load camera pics) of my 223 on a rommy trunion with a bulgy bolt, 26" bull barrel floated, modifed saiga fore grip not touching the barrel. very custom RSB with hand made milled steel weaver rails. g2 trigger converted to adjustable with a screw added aprox 2lb pull no creep. 36x scope ,versipod, advanced technoligies stock, bulgy 10 round composite mag. it is not SA in this pick (no gas block) customised AMD65 gas tube bolted to the RSB. .t weighs 18 pounds. it has done .5 100 yard groups and killed prarie dogs at 400 yards. I have shot around 800 rounds through it. it will get a Gas block and be SA soon I have also added a adjustable cheak rest and a adjustable rod that comes out of the stock that supports the rear of the gun to adjust elivation when shooting of the bench or ground.
    I am working on a 17-223 very simular to it now as well as a 6.8 SPC and a 22 PPC. I will try to get more pics of the build in the future,

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

another pic it looks longer and heavier in real life

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MTDEW, do the barrels from K-Var have the barrel pin slot drilled in them already, or not? I'll proabably do something similar with my Rommy kit.

Feedback Score

1BG,
    nice build. good to read that you got sub. moa. did you biy the reciver? my next two builds will be a .308 and a .223 and after looking over a print that p-beachbumb posted on a diffrent form for a rommy3 reciver and rails I found the ejector on the lower rail would not be in the right spot for a 5.56x45 or a 7.62x51mm case. just would like to know the ejector might need to be moved back some for the longer case lenth. muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the reciever is a tapco bent flat and rails on the 223/ 5.56x45 the rails are in the same location as a 7.62x39 ( the overall length of the two rounds is very close). the only mods I had to do to the reciver was lengthen the mag well very slightly to the rear and slot the trigger guard holes some. the bulgy bolt from K-var will require very minor fittning as a ramp is not cut on them very simple just copy the rommy bolt. I may of played with the feed ramp slightl I cant remember it was all very easy done by hand with a drimel or grinder. you will need to narrow the carrier to fit between the mag lips. I think that thinning selector stop some would not hurt as well to help raise the mag up slightly. I found it nessacary to champher the lower part of the chamber to feed hollow points. the feed ramp could be a little higher as well to lift the round slightley as it feeds into the barrel. this would cause less bullet deformation and help accuracy. these are all minor tweaks. the hornady bullets with the plasic tips feed good as is.
    On a 308 build I have not got one done yet but I have started one ( still helping building hunting pistols). the ejector will need to be moved back. It will require making a rail or adding to one. I plan to just copy a SAIGA's distance from the breach face. the 308/ 7.62x51 should be built on a Yugo trunion IMOA. I sort of stalled on this one as i dont need it to hint as I have a few standard dear rifles for the rifle zones here.
    The 308 requires a lot of tweaking to make it fit. the 223 is basicaly a rommy build plus fitting a barrel and slighe tweaks to get the mag to fit right. I would lookinto the 223 front halfs that CFS was selling for $199 if iwere to do another one with a 16" barrel and normal stuff.

Feedback Score

1bg,
    thanks for the reply. after spending some easy mony time at work the other day I found the ejector rail on a rommy 3 is 99mm long and the ejector starts at 52mm from the trunion. this would put the case poping out really close to the top cover. I would (need to) like to take a look at a .308 saiga and check the diffrence in cut out for the charging handel and see if the cut out is ferther back. I tend to agree with you on the yugo trunnion but I' ve bent a 1.5mm ss reciver with out the wings and will be using screws for mounting. this should be more than strong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.