Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RBTHNTR64's .243 AK build

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

PB,
    Its hard to see but the RSA FCG is cut in such a way as to clear the mag. It is also cut out for the Center support.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looks good! Keep us posted!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

gotcha, I figured the hammer must have the ability to reach forward somehow.
    Now if somebody would just send you some PSL furniture you would have one cool rifle!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

YUP!
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is getting interesting. How about some barrel details? Going to use a takeoff or chamber a new one? How long will it be?
    No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. ~Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns 50

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I am getting a A&B .243 blank from Midwayusa.com. Retail is about $70. Barrel length will mimick the original PSL, but using Bulgarian RPK contours and parts ala K-mart.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

A slight amount was removed from under the front tang on the mag, and the trunion was opened up slightly to accept the wider front of the mag. Here is a pic of the mag front.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Glad to see this working out for you!

Can I ask a few questions:

1. Why .243? I'm not a big caliber junkie so I'm not too keen on all the different applications of calibers unless it is military in nature. That's a pretty small round, so I would assume it has a long distance application like antelope hunting or varmint hunting?

2. Can you give some details on what you had to do to open the bolt for the new cartridge?

Any extractor modifications?

How long is it - do you plan to relocate the ejector?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have been wondering about the 243 thing as well. It does seem like an unusual choice for a rifle capable of burning lots of ammo. Dont get me wrong, I like the 243. It is a handy open country cartridge. I own a couple, including an extra upper my AR10. I am just curious as to what your reasoning is?

The only thing I dont like about the 243 is that it killed the 250-3000, which is a very balanced round that would have made an excellent military cartridge.
    No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. ~Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns 50

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

OK everyone has their nich. I don't care much for spraying as much lead as possible. My interest is simplicity and accuracy. .243 was chosen to kill Coyotes. The Kalashnikov design is a simple design. The Galil mags were chosen because of the minimal modification to make usable and 12 rd mag is low profile. I had originally thought of an M70 planform but a Bulgarian RPK trunion changed that idea. High speed accurate light bullet 70 grains tops.
    I am using my VEPR II .308 as a guide. Barrel length will be 24".

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.