Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reinvent the Antelope

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I fooled around with several more of the L1A1 adjustables.

Never was really happy with them. Maybe this is the ticket.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm using almost the same setup except for M14 mags. I see that you made the trigger guard shorter. For the M14 mags it looks like the guard will need to be moved back one set of holes. The problem is that the mag is in the way for the stock center support. How are you going to install the center support? I wonder if a center support made of stamped steel in the form of a H spot welded in would work? Maybe just two arms off of the lower rails bent together and spot welded after the rails are installed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have some M14 mags I'll modify to work.Hope to be able to use Galil,Modified M14 and new 20rd Saiga's.Took .500 out of the TG.Saw no point in having space behind the trigger doing nothing.Don't expext to be using the rifle in Siberia with winter gloves.Will hasve to shorten th trigger itself a bit to clear.
    Look at the last pic with the round in the mag.You can see the flat "C" shaped center support.It is welded in from thru holes and the weld ground smooth on the outside.Hammer has to have a relief cut in it to clear the center support.
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I wondered if that was the support in the pic. What thickness of metal? One problem solved. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gunter; 10-28-2006 at 10:38 AM.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Are you sure the trunion and bolt will withstand the .308? Has anyone done this and fired it enough to feel OK?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'm using a Saiga 308 bolt/carrier and recoil assy with a Yugo Rpk type trunnion with minimal modifications .
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.