Thread: .35 remington

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default .35 remington

Anyone convert ak AK to .35 Remington?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

no but I have thought long and hard about it , fits the bolt, nice low pressure cartridge, one of my fovorites, I recently bought 3 x 500rd cases at wal mart for $5 per 20 rd box

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I don't see why it can be done. not sure how well it would feed. most factory loads have blunt nose bullets for tube mags on lever actions. hand loading would fix that. My lyman book shows the hot'st load at 35,000 CUP pressure at around 2100 feet per second. the same book shows the 7.62 x 39 at 44,700 CUP pressure. this is comparing pressures almost apples to apples the slight differance in case head diamiter would affect bolt thrust slightly. the 35 remington is 2.525 long at it's max to long for the AK mag and shorter than the 308 mags. I have been thinking those cheap g3 mag could be shortend by removing a section and spot weld back together. they may work as is as well.
    The 358 winchester (358-08) is the one that I am working toward cheap brass that fits cheap mags the higher pressures are my biggest concern. Have thought of turning the 308 brass case heads down to fit the bolt instead of the other way and hand loading light loads only, that way factory hot rounds will not chamber

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

why not just use 200 gr spire points and seat them not so deep and use a taper crimp or get a C&H cannalureing tool and put a new groove on closer to the bullet base. They really dont need to be right at the max length to feed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have such a project in progress. My 35 Rem rounds will be semi-wildcat, that is they will be 357 Rem Mag bullets seated to the forward crimp. So the chamber dimensions will be 35 Rem but the OAL and loadings will be different. It will be able to fire 35 Rem rounds loaded apart from the magazine. For a magazine I'm drastically modifying a 7.62x39mm mag.

I toyed with the idea of wildcatting a round based on the X39 case fireformed to 35 cal in a shortened 35 Rem chamber and reloaded using shortened 35 Rem dies. It woudl allow use of the whole range of 35 Rem bullets. Maybe someday.

Feedback Score

i also been thinking about a .35 cal conversion
    ive done some handloads with the ak, and found that even a 165 gr flat nose feeds. these were cast lead and got the nose deformed some, but they did feed.
    the last thing i loaded were i think 205 gr cast round nose, they fed fine also

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

I know there are differences between a .35 remington and .35 whelen - but would an Ak chambered for .35 whelen be possible?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

35 Whelen AK would only be possible if the action were adapted to fit 30-06 length rounds.

So far the 30-06 Saiga comes to mind. Then there's the M76.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.