1 (100%)

Default 8mm on a romy kit?

what is everyones opinion on building one of these

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'd love to see it done.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

pretty long shell you would most likely need to increase the length of the reciver as the mag well would be getting pretty close to the trigger if left as is. the bolt Is to short, it needs to be able to extend to the back of the mag well in order for the hammer to clear the mag and still have proper geomitery to contact the end of the bolt. the 8mm has an over all length of 3.250 compared to a 7.62x51 of 2.810 that .44 of an inch has to go some were. doing a 308 requires some grinding on the hammer as it is. not saying it is not doable but you would need to extend the bolt some how or find a bolt for a m76 or some other gun. the SAMMI max pressure for this round are 35,000 psi however there are loads out there much hotter than that and hand loaders load way above that in modern rifles. The 30-06 saiga or a Dragunov in 7.62x54r would probably make a a better canidiate for a bulid. I think Ohio rapid fire makes a m77 milled reciver for an AK but you would still need the the bolt and other parts and a thick wallet. I toyed around with the thought of extending a bolt and moving the trunion forward but the work to shoot the 8mm round was not worth it when you compare what the 308, 338-08 0r the 358 win can do wich can be done on a AK bolt length. If 8mm was dirt cheap and non corrosive it might be worth it IMOA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i got 960 rnds for $60, but it is corrosive. i was wondering about 8mm because i had a romy kit and figured 8mm pressures would be ok in it as long as you stayed away from the machinegun stuff with the higher pressures

i know about the mods i would have to do, i was really wondering about the romy bolt and trunnion for pressure, they arent as built as the yugo (308 as soon as i get a yugo kit)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Maybe if you retrofit a Mauser barrel or something like that to it and extended the receiver.
    You would not be able to rechamber the 7.62x39 barrel to 8mm, that's for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

my plans were to take a donor barrel from one of my 98 actions im building on, using fal gas system, and bar mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Wasn't this discussed about half a year ago?

If memory serves, the consensus reached was that a 7.62x39 assembly would not be strong enough to handle 8mm pressures, and a .308 assembly may be strong enough. The model to emulate is the Yugo sniper model.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

got and buy you a HAKIM , and a MG15 25rd 8mm mags,

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i've read through the other post but didnt seem to see a conclusion as to what to build off of and what not to, maybe im just being blind and dense, i never can tell

im planning on doing a 308 on a m70 or bigger later and had the romy kit sitting here

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

just build the rommy into a pistol and call it a day, no sense doing something that could potentially be unsafe or using so few of the rommy parts that it wasn't even worth using the kit. thats just my oppinion, maybe try a 9mm build or something more suited to the kit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.