Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: magazines, feeding a 44mag ak

Feedback Score

I could never ruin a perfectly good 7.62x39 AK47.

but, its your money, so good luck

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

if you have a "not perfectly good 7.62x39 ak47" you would like to donate to charity, id be glad to use it

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I went into my shop and spend about 15 minutes looking at things.

It may be easier to convert SKS to shoot .44 cal than an AK. AK has a bullet guide and locking lug space. So the cartridge has to jump about an inch before chambering. 1.6 OAL of .44 cal, I am not sure if it can be guide into the chamber before popping out of magazine. You could build guide just like 'Getit's' 7.62x25 conversion. But I am not sure how reliable that would be.

SKS does not have this issue since the bolt lock in the rear. The cartridges can be as close or far from the chamber you want.

Having said that, where can I get a beat up Yugo SKS and how do I remove the barrel from SKS?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i think center fire had sks barreled actions, never looked at removing the barrel on any of mine but ill check

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=975

no bolt and stuff though

ive got my mags and plan on making some followers this weekend or maybe next week, ill start looking at feeding asap

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

now that ithink about it you could get one with a shot out bore the whole gun for not much more

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

How are you planning to open up the bolt face?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i have a lathe and mill

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I could never ruin a perfectly good 7.62x39 AK47.
    yea that $75 dollar parts kit would be a great loss to recorded history if one of rare umpteen thousand was converted into some thing differant.

I assume you do not own a true Full Auto AK 47, never been reassembled from a dimilled real AK that would be worth thousands of dollars

I gurantee you ANY calibure conversion will bring a hell of a lot more $$ than a nicely built Rommy any day if done properly. face it you can buy a new SAR for $250 on sale. I have no problem with the 7.62 x39 round but after you build a bunch it gets boring. pistol rounds like 9mm are cheaper to shoot way cheaper to reload and way easyer to shoot for fun. the high power stuff like 308,243 458 socom 6.5 grendal 6mm ppc and so on all fill a nitch that the 7.62 round can,t. Aside from the WOW factor. I was offerd over $1200 for my 223 varmit build and even if I could sell it (home made reciver can't sell) I would not I am having much fun with it. it started out as a nonmathing numbers $60 rusty kit
    Anyone can REASSMBLE A KIT it takes some one with Many skills and imagination and paintence to take a bunch of AK parts and modify it and machine all the nesacrry new parts and modifcations then spend hours getting it to feed perfect. Those who can are not assemblers they are Builders. An AK parts kit (except for the rare pricy stuff) is just a pile of parts to me waiting to become something be it a 7.62x39 or a 458 wizbanger. IMOA 44 Mag AK hell yea!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    I was offerd over $1200 for my 223 varmit build and even if I could sell it (home made reciver can't sell) I would not I am having much fun with it. it started out as a nonmathing numbers $60 rusty kit
    Actually you can sell a homemade receiver, it just needs the normal makers info and serial number stamped into it.

Interesting letter to the ATF

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Kernelkrink thanks I have seen that before. My concern is with the number of kits and parts laying around that the law would think I am doing it for profit and I would have to prove I am not on my dime. I have been thinking of writting a leter to the ATF stating I have this XXXXXX gun that I built and I need to sell off that have been used by my self personaly, to a strangers and see what they say. I have considerd selling it off as the barrel now has close to 1000 rounds through it and the $$ would help build the milled 22 PPC that I have been wanting to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.