Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: magazines, feeding a 44mag ak

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default magazines, feeding a 44mag ak

i was thinking modifying ak mags or something like a 30 carbine mag

anybody have any different ideas

i dont have a m1 mag to try yet, but i put a few rounds into a 7.62x39 ak and it looked like with some follower mods it might work

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

how many rounds are you trying to hold? what about a desert eagle mag? or lar grizzly?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

no more than 10 or so, i was trying to use some sort of surplus military magazine to keep cost down. i know the problems feeding a rimmed case, but didnt know if anyone had already looked at doing this

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I would use the desert eagle mag, knock offs are avaialbe for about $20 , I am using them in my ruger deerfield 44 mag carbine and they work great.

I have an article somwhere in one of those books brownells puts out on converting the m1 carbine to 41 magnum and it details modifying the carbine mag to work with a rimmed cartridge but I think the 15rd mag only held 5 or 6 rounds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i just looked at some m1 mags and tried some 44 in them works allmost without modification, this was only by hand but im getting two 30rnd and two 15rnd ill let you know, leaving for a week on business so itll be after that before i get any further

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I am working on similar project with my son. My project consists of Romy kit and IMI Timberwolf .44 mag barrel. The barrel is .800 in diameter so it will have to be sleaved and welded before pinning to the trunnion.

I have a small lathe and turned the rim off and created extractor grove. Fits perfectly in M1 Carbine mag. Rhineland arms uses M1 carbine mags (http://www.rhinelandarms.com/mauser45WM/45wmMain.htm)

I don't have any time right now. But want to start in December.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I owned a D. eagle at one time in 44 mag. I wouldn't own another one they suck unless you load your own and load hot. They just don't cycle the way they are supposed to. The mags were cool the way the ammo stacked it was facinating that they could get it to feed. Because of the rim the cartrages would stack like little Xs. Don't get me wrong the eagle is a cool looking gun I just wished that mine would have been reliable. If you ask Pan I think he'd hook you up with a pic of the mag (he's cool like that)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jungp
    I am working on similar project with my son. My project consists of Romy kit and IMI Timberwolf .44 mag barrel. The barrel is .800 in diameter so it will have to be sleaved and welded before pinning to the trunnion.

I have a small lathe and turned the rim off and created extractor grove. Fits perfectly in M1 Carbine mag. Rhineland arms uses M1 carbine mags (http://www.rhinelandarms.com/mauser45WM/45wmMain.htm)

yep the 45 winmag works perfectly in the 30 carbine mags. There was a fellow in Lucyaner that was rebuilding M1 carbines in 45 winmag, mine just kept breaking bolts so i sold it off . I am working on a 45 winmag AK also , well......made it as far as chambering a bbl so i guess that counts as working on it. Should be a great pig gun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jungp

thats the same barrel im using, i would love for you to post any progress, ill be sure to do the same

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I will post progress. I need some time to get other stuff done first. I am planning to make a mag well like AR-15. with longer feed lips on top.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.