Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Can you make a 762x25 out of

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by g2busmc View Post
    hey no need to cut the back of the barrel...if this would work.
    AAOK Military Collectibles
    Thats a cool idea, all you would need is decent threaded extension like an extended Amd break, and to sleeve the barrel's chamber end to trunion diameter. The problem is that the chrome lining of the barrel will destroy a chamber reamer.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just a thought, I don't think it would be easy to do or remotely the best way either. The USN converted a lot of their M1 garands to 308 by pulling the barrel and putting in a threaded chamber insert because the regular slide in inserts might come out. Couldn't you just drill out the chamber, thread it and put a threaded rod in there to be your new chamber? At least this way your chamber reamer wouldn't have to touch the chrome bore and you might at worse have to resharpen your drill bit. I think the hardest part of this might be getting the bore in line with the new chamber and your rather long lead before the bullet hits the rifling. I still think you'd be better off sleaveing the outside of a non chromed lined barrel barrel.

Feedback Score

I have a Clymer 7.62x25 reamer on order, I plan use use a sacrificial reamer to first remove the chrome, and then ream out the chamber with the clymer reamer. I'll have to let you guys know how it turns out. I made this barrel to Romy dimensions.

Feedback Score

I know this has almost been talked to death, but it just occoured to me that this might work pretty well with a Yugo barrel. The Yugo barrels are non chrome lined, so if you chopped off some of the chamber end, it wouldn't be too much work to just run the reamer though to get the dimensions right. not much wear and tear on the reamer, no free bore, no need to sleeve the barrel, dimensions are right for gasblock, hg retainer, front sight etc...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post
    The problem is that the chrome lining of the barrel will destroy a chamber reamer.
    While hard chromed-lined chambers are a different alloy than unchromed barrels, I think it is a bit drastic to say it will "destroy" a reamer. It will dull it faster, but it isn't going to cause it to break off in big pieces or just melt down like using a dull drill bit on tool steel.

Proper cutting practices such as going slow, using lots of thick oil and continually cleaning the swarf will help immensely.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

so what did u guys come up with on the chamber stuff?? so can i use a 308 barrel and take ff some of the chamber area and rechamber for 762x25?? if so i have a project in mind
    guess i need to get with PBB about chambering

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

got to have 20 post to send a pm so here is 19

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.