Gunco Forums banner

Soumi drum AK Flats at AK-builder!!!!!!

4K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  notime2hunt 
#1 ·
#30 ·
So, have we heard an official reason why these cannot be bent in current AK flat building jigs? I would like to try one but I will just cut up a 7.62 receiver or pre-bent if I can't use my 555 style jig? Does anyone know what "considerable alterations" have to be done? If I alter my jig is it then no good for regular flats?

Thanks,

Josh

#31 ·
Curtis did explain the problem to me quite a while ago, I do not recall all the details, but apparently some areas of the flat would go unsupported causing some problems with the bending process. He tells me you have alter the bending jig quit a bit to make it work with this flat rendering it unusable with conventional AK flats.

#32 ·
Chiroone said:
Curtis did explain the problem to me quite a while ago, I do not recall all the details, but apparently some areas of the flat would go unsupported causing some problems with the bending process. He tells me you have alter the bending jig quit a bit to make it work with this flat rendering it unusable with conventional AK flats.
Does he still sell the Soumi drum mag well adapters? I sent him a email to see if he still did but I think I will never get a response from him as I never do. I really can not understand why someone the does Internet business and puts his email address on the their website does not respond. The old excuse of receiving too much email does not cut it with me!

#33 ·
I usually just call him, he usually answers or calls me back. I have purchased one of the first flat bending jigs he has ever made and have purchased quite a few tools during the past few years. Never had a problem with him and his tools are first rate. I recommend you just call him

#35 ·
I've never called Curtiss without him picking up the phone. Never had to play tag.
Not only that, But he's a great guy to talk to & always willing to chat about what's going on with the hobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.