Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Soumi drum AK Flats at AK-builder!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I ordered a Mag Well adapter from Curtis. I have parts kit. Now all I need is warmer temperatures to return to the garage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcorb
    I ordered a Mag Well adapter from Curtis. I have parts kit. Now all I need is warmer temperatures to return to the garage.
    I just got off his site and couldn't find it. I guess he is out for now. Have you got yours yet? Have you started building it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 3/325
    I just got off his site and couldn't find it. I guess he is out for now. Have you got yours yet? Have you started building it?
    I have mine. I am thinking of starting work on it this week. Next weekend I am attending the Weaponeer AK build party and I might bring it along to work on there.

Curtis seemed to have taken the mag wells off his site. Somewhere I read he still sales them by request.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you can do that with a Suomi Drum what is to keep you from a Thompson .45 cal drum.
    That could climb to fast on bump fire?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcorb
    I have mine. I am thinking of starting work on it this week. Next weekend I am attending the Weaponeer AK build party and I might bring it along to work on there.

Curtis seemed to have taken the mag wells off his site. Somewhere I read he still sales them by request.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12
    If you can do that with a Suomi Drum what is to keep you from a Thompson .45 cal drum. That could climb to fast on bump fire?
    It is funny you mention that. I've been thinking about an ak in 45. I was just going to go w/9mm since Curtis has the Soumi magwell and I have Soumi drums. The 9mm would be easier since a 74 bolt will work. My only reserve against doing a 45 is that I don't have a mill or lathe to mod the bolt face.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12
    If you can do that with a Suomi Drum what is to keep you from a Thompson .45 cal drum.
    That could climb to fast on bump fire?
    Have you priced Thompson drums lately? The current Kahr/A-O production drums go for $250 and $600 and the build quality on those frankly sucks. Real (pre-Numrich) Thompson drums are worth a fortune and get snapped up by the FA collectors.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yup, I figured it would be expensive but not that high.
    Well it was just a thought, it sure would be a one of a kind gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I picked up some cheap Thompson stick mags just in case I ever get the urge to make a AK45.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

No arguement there, I'd personally love to have a .45 caliber AK. Short of developing a rotary mag ala the Bizon or Calico, I'd stick with grease gun mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So, have we heard an official reason why these cannot be bent in current AK flat building jigs? I would like to try one but I will just cut up a 7.62 receiver or pre-bent if I can't use my 555 style jig? Does anyone know what "considerable alterations" have to be done? If I alter my jig is it then no good for regular flats?

Thanks,

Josh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.