Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What is involved in a 9mm conversion

Feedback Score

1biggun,
    the weight is needed to delay the bolt is my understanding. I'm using the piston to add the weight and to veary the weight as needed. the hard part now is figgering out the angel for the feed ramp. I do not have a 9mm hand gun to eye ball. I think my ramp on my .45 should work.
    A milled reciver would be a real good start. I just needed a progect child (read cheep). muttman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I want to resurrect this thread because I'd like to know how people's Suomi conversions are running. Any bulged brass?

I was looking long and hard at the extractor notch on the Suomi. Is that made in such a way that on a Suomi the cartridge is fully supported? Or is the notch only exposing the web of the brass? I'm worried that my use of the Suomi barrel with an AK-74 action won't support the brass like it is in a Suomi and there will be bulged brass as a result... ?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie
    I want to resurrect this thread because I'd like to know how people's Suomi conversions are running. Any bulged brass?

I was looking long and hard at the extractor notch on the Suomi. Is that made in such a way that on a Suomi the cartridge is fully supported? Or is the notch only exposing the web of the brass? I'm worried that my use of the Suomi barrel with an AK-74 action won't support the brass like it is in a Suomi and there will be bulged brass as a result... ?
    hc,
    from what I can find yes there is bulged brass. one of the 9mm builds I have eyed was from azhonky. he used a suomi barrel turned down to fit the trunion I think. I would post a link to that thred but I cant find it. muttman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the info! That's what I was afraid of. That's OK for military use but I'd really like to be able to reload if possible.

You know, I was thinking that I could weld up that part and be OK because chamber pressures for a 9mm aren't that high. Think a chamber repair would be OK? (shrugs)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.