Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 308 AK Bullpup Update

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Jerry -- Oh lord, I hope I never catch that use up what's in the boxes malady -- I 'd have a rifle that looks likes the Johnny Cash song car!!

But to try to work my pile down some, I've got some extra sight/gas blocks for a fal.

Let me know if you want one.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the offer. Unless the "new and not repaired" Romy G gas block isn't working I should be good Just goes to show how awful my $90 HF welder really is.

Feedback Score

pookie,
    if you ever need the g/b repaired, or other part send it my way, I could tig it for ya ( could be used as a drill guide on a barrel). how did you attach the gas tube to stay in the rsb. after eyeing your photos on your web page I still have not figerd out how you mounted the tube. muttman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by muttman
    how did you attach the gas tube to stay in the rsb. after eyeing your photos on your web page I still have not figerd out how you mounted the tube. muttman
    I thought I described it... maybe not.

I welded a bead on the bottom rear of the gas tube and milled it to shape. Being a tube, it liked to roll around in the vise when it was getting cut, so it isn't as clean as I'd hoped.

I milled flats in both sides of the tube so that it just fits up into the RSB without the need for a "retainer" since the FAL-style clamshell handguards connect at a different point.

That tube was reamed out for the piston, and a recess was cut on the front so it would stay attached to the gas block.

Does that make sense now? I'm not sure if that is very clear.

Feedback Score

pookie,
    quite clear now. the only thing that I did not under stand till now was what was keeping the tube in place in the fsb. thanks fore clearing this up. muttman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.