Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ak in .45 winchester magnum gas port help

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

now that I think about it I could use 38 spl and 357 mag as well. PM ME

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Couple hundred 30-06 I will check tonight. Only a few 308,454 casull,220 swift, couple hundred 10mm, hundred or so 44sw maybe 200 44 mag. I am just helping a widow with her late husbands reloading stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Marckman that is a 45 acp, I know in one photo he has a win mag shown but its 45acp...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

starline has 45 win mag brass, I have a grizzly and a wildey in 45 win mag and its my favorite cartridge, tromix used to list an ar upper in the caliber, a friend has an m1 carbine

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Here is what I have so far. Project went to the back burner. The flash suppressor is made from a 1" diam bolt and has 7 slots. The gas block is ready to weld and the magazine body was made today. Unfortunetly the width of the mag has required me to weld up the lightning cuts...final shaping still has to be done on the receiver edges.

The front stub is a type III
    The side plates are some of the ones I have milled.
    The rear trunnion so to speak is an old chinese I had laying around.
    I like the fit and feel of the VZ58 stocks so I have duplicated one of those.
    the bolt is modified to fit the 45 base and the stock yugo cover will pick up a modified m-16a2 peep and windage I got at the last gun show.
    Once I have the BHO block made and installed I can go ahead with the trigger guard (another old chinese spare)
    Still havent decided on a front handguard style yet.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vz58
    Here is what I have so far. Project went to the back burner.
    Why?

The flash suppressor is made from a 1" diam bolt and has 7 slots.
    AH YES! I love hearing things like this! I have a bunch of round billets that I'm too lazy to put in the lathe and drill out. I'd like to see a close-up of yours!

Still havent decided on a front handguard style yet.
    Got wood? Make your own! I'm telling you, I am completely satisfied with my home-made laminate birch handguards I did on my .308 conversion, and highly recommend making your own. It really isn't hard, just time consuming, and makes sawdust.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

hcpookie, I have 3 people wanting help building their stamped kits, and the BATFE approved my milled repair plates, so I am spending ALL of my spare time trying to minimize the financial loss I suffered because the BATFE verbally ok'd the plates but I lost so many buyers by them waiting 8 months to send the letter. (I bought a mill last Christmas to do these)

The flash hider had slots cut with a 1/4" ball nose endmill and the front opened up with a 9/16"? endmill. Looks positively evil. Don't really need a flash suppressor as all the powder should be burned by the end of 16.5" bbl. Posting pics just got harder as work has a new policy about the net....but I will try

I will make the front handguard but just havent settled on a look. I want the bottom flat and angled so I can rest it on the deer stand rail and slide it in and out for elevation. Beyond that I don't know. I was looking at it today while cutting plates. Deer season is coming and I promised myself it would be done and loads worked up....

I built a mag double stack double feed but it is slightly too wide for the mag well. So I don't know how it will do.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Hit the first snag. The nose of the 45 sits too low and hangs up when you try to chamber it. Not sure how to change this as the mag sits against the ejector and the round sits right below it. I can recontour the bullet guide but that stubby nose is the problem. Possibly a ballistic tiped round would work as is, but I want to use the "flying ashtrays"

After about 6 hours on the mag I just gave up and tried a M1 Carbine mag, and the damn thing worked first time and every time. The 15 rd holds 6 win mag, Guess I just gotta resize the mag well, give up on a BHO and figure out a mag release/triggerguard

Here's the muzzle brake (it isn't screwed all the way on here so it looks a little crooked)

Heres a comparison of 9MM, 45 win mag and 762x39
    Last edited by vz58; 07-16-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Feedback Score

Vz58, I wish to attempt a .45AK, and am also in central NC. Would it be alright to seek your guidance and assistance from time to time when I start my project?

Hmmmm, AK using M1 Carbine mags. You know somebody was sellin Magal stock bodies not too long ago.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.