Gunco Forums banner

9mm AK Barrel Question

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Coils 
#1 ·
Is anyone making a barrel yet that I can press into, say, a Romy trunnion without using a spacer? I'd like to build one (suomi), but I'd like the barrel to be ready to go without a lot of mods. Right now I have a 10 inch uzi barrel and sleeve for a Bulgy trunnion but I keep putting off the build. Or, better yet, if anyone has the parts laying around, I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands (ie. modified boltcarrier and bolt, barrel, etc.).

#2 ·
I know this is opposit of what you asked.
But Weaponeer has (or had) a 9mm barrel blank for a decent price, it would need a lot of work but it might be large enough so it can be turned down to fit the trunion so no sleeve would be needed.

#3 ·
I was browsing gunbroker and found a full auto uzi barrel. I emailed the seller asking how it was different from a semi-auto barrel cause in the pic it looked a bit thicker. He said the OD measured .745. What do romi, uzi semi and suomi barrels measure? I'm planning on using an uzi barrel regardless of sleeving though, so I dont have to mess with muzzle extensions.

#7 ·
Afroman I'm not sure of the outside diameter of a semi UZI barrel but it is turned down to a smaller diameter by the chamber so a FA barrel won't fit unless it's been modded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.