Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: .45 & .50 Caliber "Intermediate" Rounds

Feedback Score

Smells like WSM brass to me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

if there using short mag brass then they are going to have to open the bolt up a lot. I know we discussed a WSM wild cat about a year ago and Im still playing with the idea.

I have kind of decided that since im not shooting a AR I dont have to worry about or be confined to AR length rounds. I will just use a 308 length round as is. the 444 marlin will do about every thing all the other new wonder rounds or possably more. dies and reamers as well as prechambered barrels are out there already.

Feedback Score

I know about those big case heads. Stashed away two Saiga 410 bolts and carriers and two 500 barrels. Kinda committed on this end. So many projects so little time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I was thinking they could be rebated easly enough if a cutting tool was made that cut the groove and the OD it could be done in one pass on a lathe add a keyless chuck and mandrel that supprted the case through the primer hole and it could be done in seconds.

I wish the hell there was a source for sagia 3lug bolts I could build some really interesting guns if i could run higher pressure. a 6,5 Rem short mag would be a serious long range contender.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Too bad turbothis doesn't seem interested in making bolts and trunnions...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    Too bad turbothis doesn't seem interested in making bolts and trunnions...
    I have a funny feeling that the price would be getting close to a 308 Saiga.

On a different note it isn't 45 or 50 but how about something like .401 Winchester self loading. .401 Winchester Self-Loading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Can from brass from 7.62x39 Winchester 1910-401 Cal.
    Last edited by mrtank; 06-25-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there are a few 41's out there that would be a good round the 444 wild cat that i and others have been working on likely would be a much better round in 41 cal. cut down 30-06 brass then neck it down.This would give a shoulder to head space off of as well as a bottle neck cartidge would feed better. It has been discussed here in several threads. a 41-444 marlin is out there as is a 41-308. I dont thing the x39 case can be opened up enough to take a 41 bullet. the 41 wwill yeild some very impressive balistics as well as retain energy. cheap barrel blanks will a issue as tere is very littel out there in take offs.

Id like to see a custom trunion and bolt designed for a big bore with more are between the lugs and heavier lugs as well to handel magnum loads. I dont think the Saiga is of that great of quality but if you want a little added strength there the only came in town that is remotly affordable and then you still need to rework the hell out of them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Search tags for this page

huble458

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.