Gunco Forums banner

9.3 x 64 TIGR-9 or SVDK lookalike?

6K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  allesennogwat 
#1 ·
Ok...here's a question that I hope you masters can help me with. I want to convert either a Saiga-308 or 30'06 or even a PSL into a semi that shoots the 9.3x64 cartridge and make it similar to looking like the TIGR-9 or SVDK. First off is this do-able? Second off, if so what parts do you think I need to gather to swap or modify for the build? I am in Russia now and will be for the next several months and I want to get what I need while I'm here. I was thinking for sure that I will need to get some of the TIGR-9 magazines and the flash suppressor, but what else? Your thoughts and ideas are all welcome.

Thanks!

#31 ·
There are some PSL stamped receiver blueprints / drawings around. The SVD has a milled receiver and the parts aren't available. Cold Steel solutions sells a PSL receiver blank with the lower bolt rails and I think it includes a template and the rear reinforcing / extension plates. If you don't have a factory one as a guide the instructions aren't great. The rear plates need to be thinned to half thickness where they overlap the receiver shell and the lower rails need fitting and shaping for the fire control group axis pin and their retainer. They are fairly beefed up compared to the factory ones and the type of steel is tougher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.