Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MY.451 & .458 AK Ideas

Feedback Score

Have you seen the 444 Marlins that Tromix is making from .410 Saigas? It seems like changing the barrel and messing with the gas port were the main if only modifications needed. I have one on order and am going to pick up some mags, furniture, and other bits for this while I'm in Russia.
    Last edited by us_dragunov; 11-07-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

[QUOTE]I have you seen the 444 Marlins the Tromix is making from .410 Saigas? It seems like changing the barrel and messing with the gas port were the main if only modifications[QUOTE][

WTF I guess my 444 marlin idea is not so original. well at least we know it will work. WOW. Tonys site does not mention it and it says they are not taking any orders till 2008??? I did find some info on it however. I have a 410 sagia that I really have no good use for this may be my next conversion. talks of a hooded bullet guide some thing that may be needed on any of the round discussed on this sight. US-dragnov thanks for the heads up. what kind of deal can you get on sagia magsa over there???????????

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewto...736688f2eb7547

Feedback Score

Some info.... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=17537 I'll let you know on the mags when I have a solid price on them. I have a contact here who has a contact at the factory...so we'll see what he can do.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun
    QUOTE]

were are you finding 50 beowulf barrels at?? that are reasonably priced and not from one of Alakander arms approved dealers$$?? I wanted to get a reamer last year and it was a propatary round not avaliable. brass is very expensive .
    I really want to do a wildcat of my own and why not go with a 1.75" long round and take advantage of the AK,s less restrictive magwell. the .50 bullet selection is not as good as the .458
    It,s part ego trip/ part hey lets do something differant. I was working on a rebated 458x1.5 when a nearly identical 450 busmaster was introduced. i literaly had to call and put a stop on my custom reamer order.
    I am planing on doing a common reciver that will handel barrel assembly in 243 win,260 REM, 308win, 7mm-08REM 35 remington,358 win, and at least one BIG BORE. I may never get all of them done but I have the barrels for a bunch of them.[/quote]

Yes I would agree the reloading is expensive but if I recall correctly the bore the same as 50 a&e leaving you to rechamber a barrel.

Feedback Score

QUOTE]

were are you finding 50 beowulf barrels at?? that are reasonably priced and not from one of Alakander arms approved dealers$$?? I wanted to get a reamer last year and it was a propatary round not avaliable. brass is very expensive .
    I really want to do a wildcat of my own and why not go with a 1.75" long round and take advantage of the AK,s less restrictive magwell. the .50 bullet selection is not as good as the .458
    It,s part ego trip/ part hey lets do something differant. I was working on a rebated 458x1.5 when a nearly identical 450 busmaster was introduced. i literaly had to call and put a stop on my custom reamer order.
    I am planing on doing a common reciver that will handel barrel assembly in 243 win,260 REM, 308win, 7mm-08REM 35 remington,358 win, and at least one BIG BORE. I may never get all of them done but I have the barrels for a bunch of them.[/quote]

Yes I would agree the reloading is expensive but if I recall correctly the bore the same as 50 a&e leaving you to rechamber a barrel. All of that said I understand on a personal level the need to build "your gun"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Yes I would agree the reloading is expensive but if I recall correctly the bore the same as 50 a&e leaving you to rechamber a barrel. All of that said I understand on a personal level the need to build "your gunYes I would agree the reloading is expensive but if I recall correctly the bore the same as 50 a&e leaving you to rechamber a barrel. All of that said I understand on a personal level the need to build "your gun"
    IF reamers become avaliable to rechamber the barrel I would loe to build a 50 beowulf. Last time I checked they were not as they were still propitary and not avaliable to the puplic. (this may have changed in the last year) I also know that there are ways around the unavaliable reamer, for instance changing the dimensions slightly like free bore or neck dia and calling it something else. this is how some of the early 6.5 grendal reamers were done for bolt actin rifles.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

does that tromix 444 use a 3" mag or a 2.5" my gun is a 3" does the saiga 410 handel bolth sizes???

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I'm going to order a barrel this week for .50 Beowulf. This build will be aways down the road. Especially if I have to make my own reamer. I'm just gathering parts as I can. I allready have more than my lifetime of kits to build & kitbash.
    I'm quite embarrased to admit that I allready bought a barrel without realizing that .50 BMG is actually .511-.512. This was a chambered blank that I'm not sure what I'll ever do with. An expensive mistake from not enough knowledge. That's why I'm in no big hurry. While I'm learning more, reamers may become available. Right now Cabelas has the best price on ammo I know of & I've been slowly gathering some of that also.

I sure miss the barrel deals on Ebay.
    I did get a 30-06 barrel to maybe use on a PSL & I got some BAR mags to try.

I see Numrich has some chambered .222 barrels for only $13.00 or so.

.45 Colt Non finned Thompson barrels for $105.00 I think, could be another posibility for the parts shelf.

I need a steady rest before any barrel work.
    But it's fun just gathering parts & brainstorming possibilities.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

does that tromix 444 use a 3" mag or a 2.5" my gun is a 3" does the saiga 410 handel bolth sizes???
    I believe 2.5" to 3" is just a mag change. The mags for both 2.5" and 3" work in the same gun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I would like to get a couple 2.5" mags for mine. I have seen brass 410 shells I wonder if they will work with the 444 marin chamber pressures? might be able to make a rifled slug gun that shoots pretty good. 410 bore shot guns are ileagle in my state for dear hunting however.

Bradrock build that 50BMG before the laws change. I am tempted to at least get a reciver done for one. I remember when you bought that barrel. werent you talking about using the short end for a 50 BMB pistol??

If some one were to get a reamer they could likley pay for it easly by chambering other barrels or renting it out when done. I know I would be interested in a barrel or renting the reamer. I thought of buying one my self and doing the same thing. buying a longer blank will give enough barrel to do a pistol and a 16" rifle. you could likley make your rifle barrel and then sell the shorter section chamberd for most of what you have in the reamer. just food for thought

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.