I finally had some alone time to get some rounds loaded. Winchester brass, AA1680, and CCI primers.
First test was the 123gr .310 Speer SP. I'm not going to list the load as some sites are real picky about posting X grains of whatever. If you have the Loadbook I used the starting load for that bullet and 1680. It cycled the action fine, but the cases were dented bad. The mouths were D shaped instead of O. Next was .5 grain higher and the cases look fine....as well as can be expected from an AK. No more dents. So this will be my starting load to work up from.
Then I loaded a couple of the 150gr .311 Speer SP. I started a little higher than the starting load listed in the book for that bullet and 1680, but well below the max load. Again it cycled the action, but the cases have a very sharp little V shape in the case mouth. So it looks like I will need to work with this one to get a starting load that doesn't destroy the case.
I dug one of each of the bullets out and found that the lead had detached from the copper on the 123gr. It had peeled the jacket back to the cannelure. The 150gr remained intact and had a nice mushroom.
Of course this is with my rifle and yours might not act the same, mileage may vary, etc......