Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Loading the 7.62x39 with other bullets?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

While the James Bond types might think the AK makes too much noise, those of us who just shoot and/or hunt would judge a suppressor by different criteria.

Can you imagine spending a day at the range WITHOUT needing hearing protection, because the suppressor handles it for you?

How about hunting? I know I don't use hearing protection while hunting, yet being a hunter doesn't magically protect my hearing.

So, while a specops would choose another platform for suppression, the AK (or AR, or Remington 700, or any firearm) would be great candidates for suppression for my intended uses.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I didn't mean to imply that the AK was a bad platform for a supressor. There is an AK section on the site and there are several running supressors on 7.62 and 5.56 AKs.

It would be nice if the US wasn't so uptight about supressors. Across the pond it is considered unsportsman like to not use a supressor.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Couldn't agree more, Gunter!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

To be honest I would just like something that would quiet it down some (legaly). several years ago I shot 15 shoots at a running crippled buck at aproximently 235 yards (and did hit it finaly) with my amd 65 pistol with the original break on it. since I shot it head down on the reciver with the grip almost touching my chest my ears were about 16" from the muzzel. my ears were ringing for a week! Now I know that even with a liscense for the supressor there is no way I can hunt with it legaly any way but it sure would be great to reduce the report even with standard loads to a level that the neighbors can cope with while testing and fine tuning and practicing with it. How loud is a suppressed 7.62 with standard loads shot from it??
    In the USA it seems that the law wants to be able to hear me shooting from three countys away. great for catching poachers bad for any one living close by
    gunter thanks for the link I will save it. this project is way on the back burner due to funds and time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.