Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: .375 Ruger?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think HC's 45-70 build should pack enough punch for satisfy most mortal men . it can be loaded to what ever one thinks is safe and beyond. the 458x2 would be another round to consider & uses a smaller bolt face. I just think the huge cost of .375 ruger brass not to mention the difficulty of building it and the added expense of all the extra parts that arn,t standard make it a build that is not worth it UNLESS you have to have a AK in that specific calibur and dont care abiout the cost. I would personally rather have a Bar browning in something like 300 win mag for the money. A 50 BMG is another that for around $1000 up starts to become more attractive as some of these more exotic AK builds start to get pricey$$$.

Feedback Score

Yep...nothing that a little money and hard work can't solve. :-) We'll just have to see what I can dig up parts wise as to where this build will go.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

to bad SAGIA doesnt offer a 7mm WIN mag to canabilize.

Feedback Score

ok....WHAT IF I had a Saiga-9 to start with? (9x53R...basically a necked up 7.62x54r round)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If I had one of those I would shoot the hell out of it and be happy. If I had two then i would start thinking of some sort of a conversion. got any pics of one??? what does the bolt and trunion look like compared to other AK,s an saigas??

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I wonder how 9x53R compares to the .358 winchester (basically a necked up 308)? I have looked at this round before as a candate for a build. it likely would be a simple barrrel change on a 308 sagia. IT is factory loaded but not real common. it will handel 200 & 250 grain bullets an most loads are under 52,000 CUP and does around 25,000 FPS with the 200 gr bullets (not bad). I can not find any info in my books or on the net on the 9 x 53r ????.

Feedback Score

I believe it is basically a necked up 7.62x54r round (aka 7.62x53r). I'll try and post more info on it later.

Edited to add I saw a photo of a box of the 9x53R SP that was 15 g bullets moving at something like 650 m/s. Bigger but slow. I have the photo somewhere around here. I'll post it or the link tomorrow if I can find them. Anyhow....it's not exactly what I wanted as the round just ain't up to this project's snuff, but I am still liking the .375 Ruger idea but praying I can figure something out on the 9.3x64. I should have some 9.3x64 mags soon.
    Last edited by us_dragunov; 03-21-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Feedback Score

I am also liking a .338 Federal, but I think that will be a different project.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think this is a lot better and more doable build than the .375 Ruger.for most bang for the buck a 308 win is hard to beat however.

IF I remember correctly the 338 is a slightly shorter version of a 338-08 wildcat. In fact 308 brass can be necked up and cut to size making it cheaper to reload. I like the round along with the 358 win and the 35 remington. I remember the pressures were a little high however. when I build my 308 I am going to do a screw build and and put several barrels on spare yugo trunions in differant caliburs and lengths going to do it in a pistol first so I can swith from any thing and everything with out having to build an entire gun for each calibure. I have like 15-20 barrels here now and there is no way I can do that many builds seperatly. I have an idea for a quick change reciver.

.338 Federal Rifle Cartridge

Reloading The .338 Federal

Feedback Score

Yeah....I think the .338 Federal won't be too bad....necked up .308....same .308 bolt....I'll definitely get this one figured out. It will make a good brush gun for medium to large game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.