Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: .375 Ruger?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the 243,260 REM, 7-mm08,308win,338 FED,358win plus untold wild cats all should be doable. I would lean more to the 358 win if heavy brush hunting was the goal. I personaly would start with a bulged Yugo trunion for a 308 Based build (all the above rounds use the 308 as the parent brass) others have built on rommys but the extra protection cant hurt. I plan on reloading for whatever I build and plan to keep the champer pressures at 50,000 0r less. I wish I could buy a 100% reciver minus the LH rail(308 build requires moving the ejector back) for a yugo fixed stock. I can bend my own or do a bent blank but I think I want to do a registerd build for once as this might get sold off down the road. I supose I could just buy a 100% yugo reciver drill out the spot welds and replace the rail. want it as a pistol first

A 308 sagia with just a barrel change is another way to go. could be done for aproximently $200 over the price of the gun. cant be made into a pistol

Feedback Score

Ok....here's one other thought too... the 338-06...use a Siaga 30-06 as a base and have at it.

BTW....I'm not looking to do a pistol build so my options on using 100% receivers is wide open. :-)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Ok....here's one other thought too... the 338-06...use a Siaga 30-06 as a base and have at it.
    Should work as long as the 338-06 round is the same length and the larger bullet DIA dosent affect the way it feeds or fits in the mag. I have a buddy who has a 338-08 in a bolt action swears buy it. would be a little better on larger game Hard to beat the original 30-06 IMOA I have several got my first one when I was 12. Always said if I cant kill it with my o6 I shouldnt be shooting at it.
    pretty pricy way to go. with the cost of the Saiga 06 and the barrel work plus coversions costs. there are a lot of alteranitves like the browning bar or other auto loaders. would be a cool build however

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.