Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 44????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Played with my box of parts for the 444??? super blaster express. and I tried some loded rounds into a steel ar mag and they fit damm near perfect, the lips on thses mags hold the round nice and level and there steel and cheap. I really wish I had bought a few of those mag addapters. the mags are steel so they can have taps welded on or possably a ar style mag well can be added. A AR in 444??? super death hammer mach 2 would be a really nice build as well. Im thinking it would not take much to build a ar mage well and add it to a ak reciver perminatly I like the way the AR mags go in and out much better than a AK any way. HMMMMMM I post some pics of the rounds in the mag latter.

A US mag would save some $$$$ on compliance parts as well.

I live in a eskimoe village of 200 great hunting & fishing
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Im all for 44 mag bore and the use of a o6 case makes lots of sense. I would like to go the 45 long colt route but its just a pet cal of mine. has anyone tryed a 45acp , a 45 thompson barrel would be neat in a ak 45acp its use in the ar platform is being used now 10mm also. I like big bore pistal cals even 50ae well cant wait for a few to get built

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Pale horse 45 super (45acp but faster) will work in a gas op ak using grease gun mags. So even though the ar series requires more gas to operate, I believe this would not be a problem at all. Also you could go 45 wm, that definately has the gas.

If you would like to see a thompson barrel in an ak look at the 45 wm thread in this section

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in."

"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well the postlady brought me a little package today....it is Load From a Disk. That was some fast shipping. So, with about half-reading the manual and just trying the program out. The 44 super blaster express super death hammer mach 2 ??? should have a empty case of 66.577 grains of water (according to the program...will have to measure with a real case and see). Using the 300gr Speer, 18 inch barrel, the program shows that with several powders it should run around 1900fps with pressure of around 41,000 CUP. If you keep it around 1800fps the pressure is around 36,000 CUP. Of course this is just what the program says and real life might prove different.

I ran the optimum rifling twist rate on that bullet at that velocity and it was 1-40????? My 1-18 might be a little fast.
    "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Cool I wanted one those programs myself.

Its funny I was guessing(think I even stated it here) 1900-2100 fps with 50,000psi and 265 gr. what does the program say at the those specs???? MAN ITS GOT TO BE CLOSE!

I have the .44444 EXTREAM SUPER MACHO RAPTOR SLAYER DECIMATER EXPRESS Z28
    on hold for a bit need to get the pre obama crap finished. besides its deer season.

I did pick up a spare yugo M-70 trunion for it as well as a NDS-5 RECIVER registerd as a pistol so i guess that is sort of working on it. I need to see what my blank has for a twist rate. I really want some Hornady leverlution bullets for this project. maybe if we contacted them they might be willing to help. some one here or on another gun board must have a contact there. I even considerd having custom bullets made. with a soft point. I want a .430 core-lokt type hunting rifle style bullet. I could buy 44mag rounds and pull the hornady bullets for the few actual hunting shots I shoot a year.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

any way to figure what a .41 version of the .444 KKK (king Kong Killer) would do?????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I measured a case last night that was expanded at the top only, not full length and it came out at 53.8 grains of water. Maybe if it was fully formed it might get to the 66.5 grains. With this smaller case it should push a 300gr at 1658fps around 37,000 CUP.

I didn't see a 265gr bullet, so I used a 250gr and at 1984fps it was around 42,200 CUP. So that should be close to your figures 1biggun.

As for a .41, staying around 37-38,000 CUP, 16 inch barrel, and using a 200gr bullet, the 401WSL ran 1860fps, the 41-44CL ran 1792fps, and the 41 Jurras ran 1813fps.

Of course all of this doesn't mean squat until one is loaded, fired, and then see how close the data is.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

So that should be close to your figures 1biggun.
    FIGURES?????????
    hell I cant figure out how to mix oil to gas on my snow blower. all I did was look at a 444 marlin numbers subtract some speed in my head for smaller case capicty then added some speed for the higer pressure I think we can get away with then subtracted a little bit because nothing in my life goes as fast as it should and that is what I GUESSED. sort of faster than a 454 casull and slower than a 444 marlin.

I keep thinking a .41 with a neck might be a better over all round for head spacing and for velocity. I will get the .444 wonder banger going before next deer season.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

04-17-2008, 12:58 PM #91 (permalink)
    1biggun
    GuncoHolic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Are you going to ream the inside to get more powder capacity?

NO I feel the case should have enough capacity to meet the needs I have in mind for this round and I want all the wall thickness I can get for head spacing of the mouth. the 44??? is over 1/2" longer than a 44 mag with a larger case OD at the base. IT should be plenty. My goal is 1800to1900 FPS this is only a rough guess but is based on what other simular rounds do. I am expecting a case capicty of aproximently 53-55 GR,s. this should make it a very capiable deer hunting round my intended purpose, and knock down what ever doors and walls and water jugs and dirt clods the Rambo guys think they need.

Quote:
    Also, I used steel mags and was able to spot weld the locking lugs. Not sure if aluminum brazing would work for the alloy mags. Something to think about.

I have a very nice tig welder so if I want to use aluminumit will be ok. I also have about 10 of the steel mags that tapco had so cheap back when.

As far as the mags go check this out here is the 44???? in a FAL mag. If cut down they would be almost perfict. (see next post for pics)

As far as brass goes here is some that will require no fire forming or expanding. little pricey but If you wanted to skip ma few steps it would be ideal it nalso has more case capicty due to thinner walls. it is 30-06 or whelin basic.

30-06 Cylinder Brass for Wildcat and Custom Ammunition
    damm I was close on the case capaity and the FPS I just reread the entire thread. I guessed 53 -55 grs and 1800-1900 fps

you came up with 53.8 or bigger due to not being expanded and 1984FPS at 42,000 CUP.

so in reality if we do gain some case capicty from expaning and bump the pressure up we might see 2100 FPS

42,000 CUP is a nice safe number given the larger rim than a 7.62x39. this should be safe on a rommy trunion and bolt.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.