Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 44????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well, after looking around for some of the LEVERevolution in 44mag without any success. I ordered a box of ammo to pull a bullet from last week. Today I'm looking around Midway USA and see this:

MidwayUSA - Hornady LEVERevolution Bullets 44 Caliber (430 Diameter) 265 Grain Flex Tip Expanding Box of 50

Hornady has released the LEVERevolution bullets for reloading!!!! I'll pull some anyway to see how they fit in the 44???.
    "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in."

"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hornady has released the LEVERevolution bullets for reloading!!!! I'll pull some anyway to see how they fit in the 44???.
    SWEET I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER. WITH THESE BULLTES THIS ROUND SHOULD DO WELL OUT TO 200 YARDS IM THINKING. THIS MAY GET ME MORE MOTIVATED TO KEEP PUSHING FORWARD ON THIS PROJECT. TO TOP IT OF THERE THE 265 GRINERS THAT i WANTED. THIS MAY ALSO BE THE DECIDING FACTOR IN DOING A 444 MARLIN RIMLESS BUILD AS WELL. AND ALSO MAKES THE HANDIRIFLE MORE ATTRACTIVE. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT THE OVERALL LENGTH ENDS UP BEING. i WANT IT TO BE JUST UNDER THE MAG LENGTH OF A 223 MAG. ONCE THE WE GET A MAG LENGTH ESTABLISHED THEN ITS REAMER TIME. THIS ROUND WOULD BE GREAT IN A MAUSER RIFLE WELL. IM THINKING A PRE 98 MAUSER SMALL RING WOULD POSSABLY BE SUTIABLE. MONEY, AND FREEZING WEATERR ARE HOLDING ME UP AS WELL AS NEEDING TO GET SOME KITS INTO RIFLE FORM BEFORE LAW CHANGES. .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That was what I was waiting on to see if the 1.800" case length would work with them. Then it will be time to get back to work on this project.

I too was thinking about a small ring Mauser or even an Araiska Type38 action if I can find one. Either one should make a good short range deer rifle.
    Last edited by Gunter; 01-28-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    "Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I havent forgot this project. here is a barrel blank that might be a better start

.44 caliber Cartridge pistol blank

stainless to boot. 15" long add a break to get 16"

Feedback Score

Hornady FTX Leverevolution load data link.

Hornady

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Hornady FTX Leverevolution load data link.

Hornady
    thanks for the link. I see the they state that the 1-38 twist barrels will not stabelize these bullets and that it needs to be a 1-20 twist.

the 450 bushmaster is doing pretty good at 2200 FPS.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Some discussion of a "rimless .444" on Cast Boolits:

A New .444 - Cast Boolits

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

there are a few versions of this round out there. I have fomed cut down 30-06 brass using 444 marlin dies I was going to use it in my 308 conversion with a rebarrel but then when Gunter began thinking of a shorter version that would work in a AK/AR amg well that I decided to build on a 7.62X39. set up. there is a 444 rimles thread here as well that I started before this thread thatGunter actualy started. there have been a few bolt guns but to my Knowledge know one has done a auto like this with a AK kength mag.
    this gun will get built I have bought a barrel blank and dies as well as made up several loaded rounds. gunter Is invested in this project as well. I have to many projects and limited funds to get it done imeaditly. there is a kit marked 444 rimless sitting here and the bolt face is done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I wish there were 48 hours in a day. Just not enough time with all the stuff that comes with summer. Trying to turn a reamer is next on the list for the lathe. Like 1biggun, I've got a Yugo barrel assy and bolt/carrier ready for the build.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.