Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 44????

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I found a couple quickloads for a similar round, 1.850" case length, 2.350" C.O.A.L. based off of 30-06 brass. The 300gr .44 xtp was going around 2200fps at 60kpsi. IDK if you want to push them that hard in an ak, maybe drop the psi down a bit since the bolt thrust would be more than the x39. The pressure graph on them was in time which makes the pressure spike seem more gentle/vs the more useful barrel length which is good for port placement. Look at other big bores built on the ak action and you should get a good idea on where to place the gas port.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I'd want to run the pressure about 48,000 PSI. The speed you quote are about what I figured based on rough guesses. My initial estimates were based on a 240 grain bullet. if I ever buy a reamer for this. This round might be a good candidate for that little Spanish Mauser I have.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have been thinking more an more about this now that the screw in barrel build is getting closer to being ready to build .

I wish I had not turned my barrel stub for a press fit i could have used it on the threaded trunion mole man is doing for me.

I could likely just use it on my 6mm BRX variant ( I really need to name that thing ) as is . I wish I had a spare trunion to stick it in .

Has any one heard from or know Gunter ? I havent seen him post in a few years I wonder if he ever got his version running ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nope, It looks like he was last active 4 1/2 years ago.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yEA HE SORT OF GOT REAL PRIVATE AFTER THE FIRST ELECTION AN GUN LAW SCARE . I KNOW HE WAS PRETTY SERIOUS ON GETTING IT DONE . WE PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT INTO THIS .

I KEEP thinking I can cut this chamber with a boring bar . how hard is it to bore in at the correct angle about 1.800 " an then throat it ?

With the ,470 bolt face it need to gewt done so I can use one on the screw in barrel build , the same bot would work for the 6mm BRX varaint .

Im kind of thinking a 22 BR< 6mm BRX an a 44???? or 458 socom barrel set for the same bolt would be cool . then I could use it on pretty much any thing in north america .

might tbe better if it was a 22-250, 243 , 308 an 444 rimless on a three lug Saiga

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SHOW A RECENT POST HERE BUT ITS NOT wtf ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Moleman was mentioned he could likely do a reamer for this . I have been thinking .

it would be nice if a chamber reamer an a sizing die reamer were avaliable then dies could be made for this for others who might want to mess with a cheap to do big bore .

after my 6mm brx variant any wildcat I do again is going to have a reamer made an the round is going to be makeable in 5 steps or less . .

This is going on the way back burner for now but there will be a 44 cal ak of some kind at some point.

a reamer that did everything including the free bore would certainly save a lot of time an money especially if multiple barrels are made .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

1biggun, I have done sizing die reamers and dies as well. They aren't hard to do, just like a lot of stuff...tedious and time consuming. I'm way behind where I thought I'd be on builds by this time, but If you can get me two reamer blanks turned and polished for the chamber reamer and another two for the sizing die out of O1, I will flute and harden them for you. That would give you a kick in the pants to get this monster finished.

Now for the 6mmbrx. Would a set of bushing dies help form them from 308? I made a set for a 6mm wildcat that had a 223 parent case. It had a shorter case and a different shoulder angle. I ended up making several bushing that formed the shoulder and neck in steps, and then a final one for sizing. The dies aren't hard to make, but do require a lot of time. If you can thread on your lathe you can make them, or you can get a die blank or use good quality all thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

If you have a sizing reamer, you can send it to Hornady and they'll do the dies for you. Did that with my 9x39 die set... had the reamer done at Pacific then sent it to Hornady.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

On mY 6mm BRX variant I cut brass in a saw an then use a 308x1.5 barnes trim die held .120 off the shell holder trim to length in a forster trimmer then size down to 7mm BR with a .110 spacer then I size down to a 6mmBR with a .100 spacet ,I then inside ream while in the trim die I then run it into a 6mmbr FL die with a .100" spacer to finish it an retrim length if needed . It a lot of steps .

In a 444 Id like to form die made from a chamber reamer then inside ream while in that die an then FL size in separate die like normal an also use that die for relaoding made brass .

I have a few builds giong an the screw in barrel gun will get done first an then Ill start thinking of big bore.

Honestly since one of the screw barrel guns will be a 308 length mag well I may just go with a rimless 444 an skip the little 444??? for right now .

I have also been thinking instead of a full length 444 marlin rimless why not just make the bass a little shorter an use blow out 308 cases ..It should be a lot easier to aneal an run a manderal in a 308 case vs cutting 30-60 cases down then having to inside ream an then final trim IMO also 308 / 7.62x51 are cheaper an easier to find .

might be able to just fire form 308 cases rigt in a 44-308 chamber ?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.