Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 44????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

this may? have a picture of a 44??? extra extra long BIGGUN VERSION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That sounds about right on the mouth size and slight dip under the bullet. I used a 44mag expander to open the case up pretty deep. I wonder if it might help to anneal the case first or if it would make it worse.

ETA: Never mind. I see you got the pic up.

Looks good. So would the 444 die work for the FL die? If we could make a longer expander or maybe use the 44mag.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

hey it worked!!!!!!! 30-06 on the right. the over all length of the 44??? is slightly to long for a 7.62AK mag but it would seat further down to fit. It does fit in a 223 plastic mag but the lips will not hold the round in it is close however. I suspect that a steel 223 mag with a custom follower and the lips bent in would single stack nicely. my tool post has enough travel to bore in that deep I am thinking the chamber could possably be bored at a angle instead of cut with a reamer. how bad could I screw it up?? the worst is I shorten a barrel another 1.850" the bullet shown is a 265 GF jacketed flat point.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I am not sure I had my 444 dies set up right they are used hurters and the sizer and the expander appear to have to share the same adjustment rod with differant expanders. the round could be fire formed or like you said a longer expander rod could be made to open up the entire case. I am not entirely sure that the bullet is correctly and crimped. it may just be pushed in with the seater, it is seated pretty firmly it kind of looks like the bullet may have just expanded the case though. I need to find some directions for these dies. 444 marlin uses a sizer a seperate expander and a seperate seater. I also need a taperd expander to straightend out the 30 cal mouth on the 30-06 brass to do full length 444 marlin as well. I need to get a 44 mag die set for a friend any way so I can try it when I get one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It looks like you guys are close on this! You should use the expander before using the seating die. You may need to spray some lube on it to keep it from seizing. Believe me when I say that it is a bugger to remove a die that's stuck in a case!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My problem is there are a bunch of differant parts there is 2 differant expanders and only one adjusting rod between the sizer and the expander. I am not sure how it all assembles or if parts are missing. I know you size then expand the mouth then seat then crimp in seperate dies on a 444 marlin. but not sure If I have the parts assembled correctly. for each step
    I am thinking size it with a 444 marlin die and possably seat and crimp it with a 44mag die.
    I really have my heart set on a 444 marlin rimless as I want the extra power and will be shooting it in a pistol so I want all the muzzel velocity I can get. I may find however that this 44??? (the name is starting to grow on me) will hold all the powder I can burn in a 14" barrel an a 444 marlin may be over kill. the 450 bushmaster and the 458 socom will likely bolth out perform the 44??? but If I can make it happen on 30-06 brass who cares. I can afford to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Whatever you guys do, you should consider ensuring the overal length will be < 2.25" so it will fit into an AR magazine, that way it will not only fit in an AR mag, but also have a wider appeal for AR wildcatters.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I agree it needs to be short enough that the hornady leverelution bulletes will work as well ,if an when they become avaliable. By the way my 444 seaterdie will NOT properly seat the bullet the part that pushes the bullet in place. it will not screw in far enough to make contact with the bullet. it will not roll crimp also it will however will hold the bullet pretty thight in the case after a couple passes I got the case mouth down to.455 I will try to find some 44mag dies to play with

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

hahahaha I'm sitting in my hotel room watching MACK demo the .50 Beowulf on Future Weapons... the point of the short was to demo the Beowulf's anti-material capabilities. I must say, it was impressive. A few points - the .50 Beo uses 400 grain rounds (didn't know this). Also, emptying a full magazine of .50 Beo puts a half-pound of lead downrange!

I know my .45-70 can use 500 grain rounds (and YES I plan to load some!).

How big of rounds are available for the .44 size?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have seen 300GR I think there are some custom stuff IN 325 in 44. I think after you shoot some 500gr 45-70,s you will be looking for some ligther loads in a hurry

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.