Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Grendel

Feedback Score

there just sizing dies

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

pretty slick wish he showed the punch a little better and the die a little better. was he just running a tight fitting punch into the neck ?? or was he pushing against some thing else??

Feedback Score

just the punch, ill send the punch drawing to anyone that asks

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    just the punch, ill send the punch drawing to anyone that asks
    Send it to me Please!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

very simple. im going to have to keep this in mind for a few wildcats. the dies remain unmodifed??????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

just to add another idea to the mix.
    The 6.5 MPC (Multi Purpose Cartridge) is a SSK development urged by Brian Hormberg (USMC) based on the 5.56 cartridge shortened and opened to 6.5 MM and the same OAL as the 5.56.

clikc on the word "MR"Mr

looks to me like a simple switch of the ak .223 barrel.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

just to add another idea to the mix.
    The 6.5 MPC (Multi Purpose Cartridge) is a SSK development urged by Brian Hormberg (USMC) based on the 5.56 cartridge shortened and opened to 6.5 MM and the same OAL as the 5.56.

clikc on the word "MR"Mr

looks to me like a simple switch of the ak .223 barrel.
    the round is way under powered when compared top the grendal or 6.5x39. Im not saying its a bad round just it dosent have every thing the grendal has. as far as the barrels there really is not any differance in the amount of work. the 6.5 MPC miight be a little easier to get a 223 mag to work but thats about it. the down side is you will need a 223 or possable a 5.45 bolt were the grendal will use the x39 bolt unmodifed (all though a spring loaded pin is advisable for all of these rounds)

cheap brass is a upside for the 6.5 MPC or the 6mm version. I have been considering a

6mm version with high coefeciant 100 grain bullets for a target build but I have way to much going on to start another calibur conversion.

I just skip the AR length rounds now a days an go straight to a 308 length version. the 260 Rem will blow the doors of the grendal even loaded light. I refuse to be confined to AR ammo in Stamped AK reciver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

i have always enjoyed the 6.5 x 55 round for its characteristics. your comments make good since regarding power and unmodified bolt. I am just finishing my saigas thought a 7.62 x 25 or even a 10 mm would be nice. it seems like the tok ammo is coming up in price. I shot the glock 20 10 mm and i was thinking the 135 grain 1600 fps from the handgun would perform well out a 16 inch barrel. Like you i will have to save my pennies before i get started on something else. then there is "hcpookie's 6,5 x 55 conversion first probably".
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

i have always enjoyed the 6.5 x 55 round for its characteristics
    that is another good choice in a 6.5 and is likely safe at factory pressures. it will do any thing or more than a 260Rem if loaded to the same pressures. for me it comes down to price and avaliabilty of brass and the price of a barrel with the correct chamber. I would not hesitate to build a 6.5 x 55 over a grendal IMOO like the 260Remit will blow the doors of the grendal In every area except ammo carry weight. WHY be stuck with short AR length case??? If I ever come a cross a target weight 6.5x55 barrel Id like to build one. the mag selection makes the 308 length rounds a little easier but HCpookies gun works and the mags are avaliable.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

To anybody interested, restoreit turned, reamed,headspaced and assembled my a&b 6.5 bbl blank,ak47 trunnion. The gun is still in the testing phase, but the rounds chamber perfectly. Mine was the first one he did w/ his new reamer,and all is well. u should PM him about doing the work if interested.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

6mm ppc ak

6x39 wildcat
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.