Thread: AK 22 conversion

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default AK 22 conversion

Does anybody have an AK 22 conversion kit that the can take a ton of photos of or rent out for mesurements only. Reson I ask is becuase I'm thinking of machining my own

Feedback Score

How about photos from the WASR22, that would also help out.

I would also like to make a .22 AK plinker from a flat and maybe use a parts kit which doesn't have a barrel. The Black Dog Machine magazines will make it work well with a 30 round capacity.

The second option is to to use an AK receiver with 10/22 internals that uses less expensive 10/22 hi cap magazines.
    Die terrorist scum!

Feedback Score

Two weeks ago I spoke to Black Dog Machine and they plan to make parts for the WASR-22 in the fall. I asked them to make parts available so I can build one off a receiver.

Presently they are busy with other projects and will dedicate time for the .22 AK when the other projects are complete.
    Die terrorist scum!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

You might consider buying a conversion kit copying it and then reselling it. that way you can figure out all the things wrong with it before you make your own.

Id also like to see a kit or parts avaliable to make your own wasr 22 style gun from a reciver with a few AK parts used. a blow back trunion with a carrier/bolt an the entire gun could be built from after market parts and even some air soft accessories. Id think there would be some market for it.

as far as a a 10-22 in a AK reciver it would work. Im just not into covering one gun with another to make it look like some thing else. just keep it a 22 or trick out the 22with the avalaible up grades. IMOO there a whole differant plat forma and hoppy that is very cool the way they are. Im going to varmitise mine soon

Feedback Score

It would be quite hard to build a conversion. Last I heard black dog is going to build a kit to build off of a flat because the inner rails are different and since they are spot welded on it would be too hard to convert your current receiver

Feedback Score

The AK trainers just use the top rails. The ATK-98 uses the top rails as does the MPI-69 (german .22 trainer).

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
    It would be quite hard to build a conversion. Last I heard black dog is going to build a kit to build off of a flat because the inner rails are different and since they are spot welded on it would be too hard to convert your current receiver
    definitely sounds like it will be interesting. I'm wondering what the kit will cost.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I know that I would be interested in making a 22 AK. It sounds like an interestin project and I have always wanted one in that cal.
    SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.