Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 7.62x25 threads/ what happened to them?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Steve, I just received 2 30-30 blanks from Numrich yesterday. They were for a Mossberg mod. 472-479 @ 18.20 ea. Item # 586630. They are 18 1/4 long.
    They look like shit on the outside and the bores looked like a sewer pipe and thought i was gonna have to send em back. Thought i'd take a chance and see if they'd clean up and they did. Bright and shiny and nice crisp lands.

Not sure yet about the O.D's yet at the chamber end because they are finish chambered and that will have to be cut off or plugged and rechambered because it's already too big for x25. I thought they were'nt chambered but they are. The rest of the barrel dim. are ok as they are all oversize for the AK parts and can be turned down to fit.

What kind of blanks did you order ?

Feedback Score

Loner -

I ordered the exact same ones as you did (I believe they're new in the white) but they haven't arrived yet. My last 3 were the same and they were great. Panaceabeachbum re-chambered them and I MADE THE MISTAKE OF SELLING ONE duh. So I have more on the way

There are three 7.62x25 threads on this page:
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f50/
    Be sure to check out Dvann's thread "For my next trick......."

7.62x25 threads are everywhere - I just completed my first MG47 in x25, first fire was last night
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f252/mg4...3/index14.html

Try AKfiles.com and do a search in "Gunsmithing and Build-it-Yourself" then try Gunsnet.net 7.62x25 is definately the cheap hot little caliber to experiment in

Steve in EL Paso

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Hey Steve,
    Your El Cheapo is just great. Outstanding bit of ingenuity if i might say. I'm just wantin to do a fixed or maybe foldin stock x25 AK rifle for now. Not ready yet for a belt fed project. Maybe the rifle build will spawn some ideas for somethin else after it's done . Thanks for sharing and " Keep on Truckin "............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.