Thread: figuring out wild cat loads

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default figuring out wild cat loads

good info on working up loads for unknown rounds like the 44????? and other wild cats. I cant make heads or tails of it but maybe you math smart guys can.

IMR POWDERS:

free software some one please figure it out for me please

http://www.john-ross.net/suggestload.htm

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

WRT the IMR Powder load page, while a program could be written to run those calculations, an easier and proven route would be to buy QuickLoad, quickload quicktarget software

QuickLOAD/QuickTARGET 3.4 is absolutely the best Interior/Exterior Ballistic Prediction Software in the world. User friendly. Accurate results for over 1200 cartridges, more than 200 powders and 2400 bullets. Accepts user defined data for user created wildcats. Scores of useful outputs. No other ballistics software has the precise data for 200 individual powders. Other programs can only place powders in general categories of burn rates and densities. QuickLOAD instantly calculates pressures and velocities based on thermodynamic modeling, NOT numbers crunched from loading manuals. The data generated can then be used by the QuickTARGET portion of the program to determine trajectories, wind deflection, sight corrections, down range velocity, down range energy and a multitude of other useful outputs. No other interior/exterior ballistics program has the capabilities of QuickLOAD/QuickTARGET. Data developed in the QuickDESIGN cartridge designing program can be imported into QuickLOAD/QuickTARGET for interior and exterior ballistic analysis.
    Suggestload?

Not Found
    The requested URL /suggestload.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.37 Server at john-ross.net Port 80
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

that and a chrony are on my want list.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powley Computer

unfortuantly it will not give a load for the 444???? as it only does IMR powders and 4227 is slightly to slow.

how ever running the numbers for 44 ballard extra long that is slightly shorter and samller OD= less case capacity but very close I get a load with imr 4227 that shows a velocity of 1993 fps!! with a 265 gr bullet. this is exactly were I want to be. I thing this is optimistic for this load but has to be close . my/gunters 444??? idea should yeild some were near this or better. this will make awsome 175 yard deer load IMOA. Im guessing the pressures are up there . as it is right at 444 marlin speeds. backed of to say 4600 psi should be around 1800 -1850 im guessing. I need to invest in some new software with all the powders.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.