Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 5.56 bolt head prob.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

It was shot with a bunch of differant stuff. but the best it did was with my hand loads that were 50 grain nosler balistic tips, this is the stuff I have shot under 1/2' with my 1-9 twist varmit AK. the 50 gn bullets shoud have been a happy medum. bottom line is it is a poor shooter and I dont think I would have done much better with a taylor to fit round these loads have been good in almost every gun I have shot them in. I should have tried some 70 grainers however. It needs to shoot 40- 45 GR varmit loads any way. I got it for $200 from a buddy who was sick of it not shooting. I have a 24" stainless light weight take off barrel Im going to stick on it with a custom scopemount but factory gas block and tube no floting stuff here just a simple rebuild. Ill be happy with 3/4-1" groups. It will keep the stock trigger but polished up.

PS heavier bullets require a FASTER twist barrel.

Feedback Score

big gun,
    ok you got me. I was up for 18hr and was using the g.w.bush. fuzzy math on barrel twist. it just seems to me that euro barrels have a diffrent twist rate (mm vs inch) than US made.
    ps. saiga are not known for a tack driver. 2"@ 100y are common from what I have found on saiga-12.
    muttman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

big gun,
    ok you got me. I was up for 18hr and was using the g.w.bush. fuzzy math on barrel twist. it just seems to me that euro barrels have a diffrent twist rate (mm vs inch) than US made.
    ps. saiga are not known for a tack driver. 2"@ 100y are common from what I have found on saiga-12.
    muttman
    LOL I knew what you meant on the barrel twist.
    "2 groups out of a scoped 223 is never going to be accaptable to me. if I wanted that Id shoot my worn out 1906 m94 30-30. The Saiga,s are a good deal for the money but Id rather pay another $100 and have them put a decent barrel on it or at least get the chamber more in spec. at a 2 inch group at 100= a miss at 200. there are guys who will claim theres shoot great however.

Ill make it shoot better when its done HEE HEE

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My 1986 Romanian "G" 5.45 has the chamfer on the left lug, like your 7.62 bolt. FYI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.