Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6.8SPC Conversion Thoughts

TRX
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    A AR to AK mag adapter was the original plan but those all got bought up and now are really pricey.
    I think those were only made for the slant-cut Valmet/Galil style receivers, which take a slightly different magazine than the normal AK/AKM. Best as I can tell the magazine opening in the receiver is slightly longer due to the slant cut; I have a real ex-USAF M-16 magazine that cannot be inserted into an Egyptian Maadi receiver - it's a hair too long front to back.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Magnolia State armory or something like that makes an adapter for the Saiga, and one for other .223 AKs
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I think those were only made for the slant-cut Valmet/Galil style receivers, which take a slightly different magazine than the normal AK/AKM. Best as I can tell the magazine opening in the receiver is slightly longer due to the slant cut; I have a real ex-USAF M-16 magazine that cannot be inserted into an Egyptian Maadi receiver - it's a hair too long front to back.
    It wont matter i can make the reciver fit the addapter. Id likely just build a AR magwell into the reciver perminatly like Im doing for the G3 mags. the 6.8 is way low on the list right now.

Feedback Score

The MSA adapter is nicer than the UA version but neither are both as readily available at this point. Not sure if MSA will ever really get caught up with back debt and unfilled orders.

-MRA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.